Chapter 9: Levi Jeans

For once I actually remembered to take out my contacts before going to bed. My eyes didn't sting and they weren't red. I felt like I deserved some sort of reward.

I got out of bed, stretched, and went out into the kitchen. I grabbed some fruit from the fridge, then sat down at the table and started to eat.

My mom came out a few minutes later, "well look who's actually awake. Did you sleep well?" She sat across from me and started picking at my fruit.

"I did. How about you?"

"Good. Today you need to start physical training. Melissa is very strict about her models. Oh, baby girl, I wish you read that contract before signing it. Melissa can be a bit forward sometimes, but at least she's completely harmless. She just wants what's best for herself and her son. The only love she dishes is tough love, you'll warm up to her eventually."

"I hope I do. What sort of physical training am I going to be suffering from?"

"Today you're going to the gym."

"With Parker?"

My mom wiggled her eyebrows, "He's a looker, isn't he? Do you want it to be with Parker?"

I groaned, "Mom, you're starting to sound like a cougar!"

My mom laughed and dragged the rest of my fruit off in front of her.

"What about Jeff? You like him, don't you?"

"Now now, I never said that."

"Can't take what you dish out?" I grinned.

She rolled her eyes at me as she finished my fruit, "I can take it."

"Oh hey, I've been meaning to ask you something, why did you change from a designer to a CFO?"

My mother looked slightly uncomfortable, "It was a long time ago, I was young. I decided that designing was Melissa's dream and mine was finances. People change and sometimes they want different things."

"If it's not a big deal, why haven't you ever brought it up?"

"It never came up." My mother shrugged and then added, "You might want to get some more fruit, you're going to need your energy today."

"No thanks to you." I said, going to get more fruit. I took it with me to my room. I decided to let the subject of my mom's job drop. I still wasn't convinced it was just a little change in heart, but I wouldn't press. I trusted my mom more than I trusted myself, she had her reasons.

I put on a pair of Nike running shorts and a tank top. Then I pulled my hair up into a pony tail, took off my glasses, and put in my contacts. Maybe I wasn't coordinated, but at least I would look the part.

I looked in the mirror. I wasn't fat. I mean I wasn't the smallest crayon in the box, but I didn't think I was fat. But apparently I was because now I needed to train and lose weight. I now felt extremely self conscious in the little shorts. Maybe I should go throw on a pair of sweat pants really quickly?

I heard a loud knock on the door. I grabbed some sneakers and walked out into the living room.

"Charlie?" My mom called.

"Yes, mumsy?"

My mom didn't comment on her nickname, "It is with Parker. Be good, love you."

Well great, this was going to be awkward. Parker probably wasn't going to talk to me, and possibly wasn't even going to look my way or stand anywhere near me. I seriously creeped him out last night.

I hesitantly put my sneakers on and opened the door.

Parker was smirking. He was wearing basketball shorts and a muscle tee, "Ready to sweat?"

Heel Breakerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें