Chapter 2

"Picked up the boys!" Hermes called as he dropped his keys on the mantelpiece in the hallway.

Harry and Luke followed him through the door with their many bags, barging into one another as they tried to fit through the door frame at the same time.

"Hey boys." Lily was leant against the kitchen wall, wiping her hands on a blue tea towel. Hermes approached her slight figure pulling close for a kiss.

The boys cringed at their parents display of affection and exageratedly mimed throwing up.

Lily stepped away laughing at their reactions. She moved closer dragging Harry down to kiss him on the fore head and wrapped luke in a hesitant hug.

"How was camp?" she asked.

"Alright."

"Good."

Lily smiled.

"Harry got a girlfriend," Luke announced quickly.

"Wow, man thanks." Harry puched Luke playfully in the shoulder.

"Really, who?" Lily requested excitedly.

"It's Annabeth Mum."

"Annabeth," she pondered the name for a moment, "is that the pretty blonde that came round to the house last summer with some of your other friends?"

"I think so."

"The girl who's father owns The Quibbler?" Lily frowned, "isn't she a little...different for your taste Harry?"

"No, mum. Thats Luna. Entirely different person, entirely different relationship."

"Ah, okay then." Lily grinned widely. Hermes hands slipped around her waist and he began trailing kissed down her cheek which repulsed Luke and Harry.

"PDA!" Luke screamed sprinting up the steps. Harry joined him forgetting their bags at the foot of the stairs.

***

Percy and Ginny had their hands entwined as they wandered down the busy pathways of Diagon Alley, Ron and Grover closely behind. The friends laughed and chattered as they pushed through the crowds of wizards and witches.

Ginny yelped as she felt something soft land on her shoulder.

"Calm down, its just a chocolate frog I accidentally let go of," Ron laughed. Ginny swatted it away and it fell to the ground, motionless.

"Aw, they only ever have one good jump in them," Ron moaned. He picked it up from the dirty ground and popped it in his mouth to the disgust of the others.

"What?" he asked them innocently, oblivious to what he had just done. Percy chuckled and Ginny stuck her tongue out at her brother.

Grover nudged Ron and motioned to the new Joke store opening down the street. Rons eyes brightened at the sight of it.

"We'll catch up with you guys later, by the ice cream parlour?" Grover suggested.

"Sure, we have to go pick up some new robes for Percy. He mangaged to ruin pretty much all of them last year," Ginny giggled.

Percy had a sheepish look on his face as his girlfriend dragged him over to Madame Malkins's.

***

"Luke, come play COD with me," Harry groaned from his relaxed position on the bed.

Opposite him, Luke was sat building a mechanical bull that he had been collecting the parts for, for weeks, in the Underworld magazine. He purposely ignored Harry who was getting impatient.