The Morning Slow Dance

I was the first to wake up the next morning. I got up carefully, trying my best to not wake him up. He was still sleeping when I got back from the restroom.

I hopped back on the car and waited for about five minutes until I got really bored. I decided it was time to wake him up since it was already past eleven.

He fell asleep in a semi-seated position. I sat on his lap and placed my arms around his neck. I placed small kisses across his face until I saw his body begin to move, signaling he had woken up. I finished it off with a kiss on his lips. I felt him kiss me back and I smiled after our lips separated.

"Good morning handsome." I said with a playful smile.

"Good morning gorgeous." He said while playing with my hair. He twisted around in his fingers around a lock close to my hair and gently set it down.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked.

"I slept great. I loved the way I was woken up this morning better though." He said with a bright smile.

I kissed his lips. "Oh, is that so?"

"Yeah. I would love to wake up to such a beautiful face every day of my life."

"I think that can be arranged." I teased. He laughed, and kissed my cheek.

"I'd do anything for that to be a reality. " He said looking into my eyes. "Honestly, I would."

We kissed a long time. We didn't make out or anything, we just kept kissing, small passionate kisses.

He got up to use the bathroom. I made my way to the radio and turned it up as loud as it would go. Wings by Birdy began to play right as Miles was walking back.

"May I have this dance?" he asked. I nodded.

I giggled as he led me away from the car and closer to the ocean tides.

"Do you even know how to dance?" I asked.

"Sure, I took six years of dance. " he stated confidently.

"Oh really?" I said in surprise.

"Yeah."

"Show me what you've got then." I said with a smirk.

He spun me around and dipped me. He carried me bridal style and spun us around. Right as the line "If these wings could fly" played from the radio he held me by my waist and raised me up into the sky. I spread my arms out to each side and closed my eyes. I smelled the ocean and felt the sun on my eyes. The warm breeze blowing through my hair. I really did feel like I was flying.

He put me down and we just slow danced while looking at each other. With such a beautiful surrounding, after a perfect night, dancing like this while listening to Wings with Miles felt so magical. This was my favorite day with Miles yet, because right now, anything seemed possible.