Moving On

**Michaela's POV**

After Elena told me the full story of what happened with Ryder, I finally understood. I understood why she had left to London so suddenly for so long. She was trying to forget. Like me, she was trying, but it just wasn't working.

I didn't like seeing Elena like this. Lord forbid anyone walk into the bathroom with us looking like this. Our eyes were bloodshot, our makeup was smeared across our face and our hair was messy from running our hands through it in random directions. It was not a pretty sight. We helped each other up and get some what back to our usual selves.

We went out and I took her to my safe haven in the school. As we approached the soccer field, we began our usual routine. She dropped her bag and hopped over the fence. I threw her bag over and followed suit jumping the fence.

We made our way to the bleachers and threw our bags on the ground. We sat on the highest seat facing backwards, our legs dangling as our arms rested on the back rest.

"Elena, what're we going to do?"

"I don't know about you, but I'm going to eat."

"Elena..."

"What? I'm hungry!"

"I'm talking about priorities here!"

"Food is a priority!"

"How do I get over Luke? I mean I don't have feelings but I also can't manage to look him in the eyes and tell him it's all over."

"You mean like closure?"

"I guess you could call it that."

"I mean if you really are over him you should be able to just move on. You shouldn't have to tell him goodbye. If you've found someone new, just go for it. You and Luke ended months ago."

"How did you know there's someone else?"

"Oh please Michaela! Who hasn't noticed you drooling over Miles!"

"Is it that noticeable?"

"Nah.. it's just I know you too well"

"Oh thank God!"

"Or is it that obvious?!"

"Elena!"

"Alright, alright I'm done!"

"Good."

"Oh and Michaela?"

"Yeah?"

"WATCH OUT!" Before I even had time to process what she meant, a bunch of crumbs from Elena's chips were being thrown at my face.

"You did not!"

"What're you going to do about it?" Elena mocked.

"This!" She said as she threw her salad onto Elena. They spent the rest of lunch chasing each other on the field throwing food at each other. They laughed harder than they jad in months, and it felt really good to laugh like that again. So no, they didn't have the guys they wanted. But they had each other, and right now, that was all they truly needed to smile.