The Date

We were in my room when we heard something slowly climb up the tree outside our front porch.

"Is he really..?"

"I think so.."

"Michaela, Miles is climbing the tree! And he has roses!" Jade confirmed our thoughts as she ran in the room. "I saw him from the kitchen! Haha he almost fell!"

"Well yeah! He has roses in his hands!" Elena laughed.

We heard a knock on the window.

"Prince Charming has arrived ladies!" Elena exclaimed.

"Shut up, he'll here you!"

"Whatever, good luck on your date!" They wished me good luck on my date and exited the room. I walked over to the window and opened it. "Would you like to come in?" I offered.

"I don't know, the view right here is perfect." I blushed and let him in.

"So where are we going?"

"It's a surprise. Trust me I know the perfect place."

About a half hour later, we arrived at a small place. It was near the ocean, but there was a small hill covered in grass. On the hill, there was small picnic set up. He opened my door and held my hand as he led the way to the blanket with food. He sat down with his legs straight infront of him. I layed down beside him. It was a beautiful day.

After we ate, he took me to the other side of the small hill. There was an old abandoned train.

"Why are you taking me to an old train?" I questioned.

"C'mon it'll be fun" he said as we walked inside. We discovered the train together, his arm over my shoulder while mine rest across his back. We walked around like that for a while and it felt so relaxing to be with him. I could just be myself.

After we walked around the train, he sat at one of the seats and pulled me onto his lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist as I wrapped mine around his neck.

"Michaela, you have no idea how much I've thought about you. Ever since freshman year when I first saw you reading on the bleachers at the field. The sun was illuminating your beauty through the gaps in the willow tree that was giving you shade. I had never seen anyone more beautiful in my life."

"I'm not beautiful"

"Yes, you were, you still are. Do you want proof?" Before I had time to answer, he pulled out his wallet, and inside was a small picture.

"I took it that day. My goal had been to take a picture of something beautiful, and there's nothing more beautiful than you, Michaela."

"Why didn't you say anything before? I mean that was about a year ago."

"I thought you weren't over Luke. I still don't know if you completely are. I just needed you to know how I feel about you, it hurt me every day to see you and not be able to talk to you purely out of fear you wouldn't feel the same way."

"Miles, I like you. Luke isn't over what happened but I am. Trust me, if you knew the full story you'd know for sure I would never go back to Luke."

"What ever happened between you two anyway? I heard you guys just stopped talking one day. Why?"

I felt my eyes slowly start to fill with tears at the memory. Luke and I really were good together. Most people thought we could last, that we would. Miles noticed my reation and tightened his grip around me.

"Sorry I asked. Don't cry love. Please don't cry."

He began stroking my hair then. I loved the way he had whispered those words into my hair, his accent when he called me love. I looked up at him and said

"I promise I'll tell you.. I just can't do it now. I hope you can understand that."

He smiled and said

"Of course I can. I love you Michaela." He kissed my head once more before saying

"C'mon, I'll meet you outside."

I was already halfway up the hill when I heard Miles call my name. I turned around and smiled. Miles was looking at me through one of the windows of the train. He smiled and waved.

I laughed and said

"What're you still doing in there?"

"There's something I still need to do!" He then pulled out his camera and said "Smile!"

I began laughing and asked "Why?"

"I'm trying to capture the beauty of this moment. I want to capture your beauty."

Those were the words I'd never forget, he wanted to capture my beauty.