°°Chapter Four°°

Chapter Four: Dinner for Three, I see.

The case went awful. Stupendously awful. They definitely had quite a persuasion. I rush into the loving room having my phone buzz.

I check to see it was a text from an unfamiliar number. It read Please accept my offer to dinner at 7:30 sharp. Please meet me at Contar Saliem it will have a mutual ending. -Horan.

I felt uneasy but I was definitely going to go to dinner, curiosity getting the best of me. I sit down in my chair waiting for Mr. Payne to walk through the door yelling a bunch of explicit things and questioning his reason of hiring me. But that never came.

After a reasonable amount of time I head home to Louis and my roomate.

"How was it El?" Louis asked as I glared at him storming up to my room followed by slamming my door as I hear him mutter, "I figured."

I get like this quite often but today was just the low of the lows and I wasn't going to focus on anything other than this case for the next month until the next court date trial.

Sighing, I open my briefcase holding the packaged envelope, I go to open it as my phone buzzed. Annoyed, I pick it up as it read Mr. Malik: don't open it now. Creeped out I look over at my windows to see if my blinds were closed only to see Mr. Malik up in my tree staring through my window. Rushing to it I open my window sticking my head out, "What the hell are you doing up here!" He looks taken aback before sighing.

"I came to protect you, you know.. Make sure you're okay," he mumbles as I could see his breath from the cold oxygen nightm I pull at my hair looking from him to my room before nodding

" I didn't mean to startle you," he starts before trying to climb into my window.

"What are you doing?!" I exclaim before slamming the window doors on his fingers as he growls in pain pulling back. I felt a little regretful but what the hell was he thinking!

"Shit coming in! What else did it look like?" He snapped holding his throbbing hands. I roll my eyes before glaring at him.

"No shit dofus. I have eyes!" I growl as he just glares at me.

"You'll regret this Ms. Rae," he smirks sinisterly chuckling as I slowly nod him jumping out of my tree. Rushing to the window I look down as he's already gone, "what the..."

My phone buzzes again as I pick it up and chuck it to the wall my hands shaking as I slide my back against the wall. The text haunted my mind up until 6:30 when I got up to go to my closet to find a dress before I scream as my housemate falls dead to the floor.

"Louis:" I scream covering my mouth trying to hold back the tears, "Louis!" I cry again as I hear his footsteps hurry up as I run to him jumping up my legs wrapping around his torso as I cry harshly on his shoulder.

"What happened!" He boomed looking at June's tiny lifeless body as he tries to stroke my hair to calm my nerves.

"Louis it had to be Zayn! He was in that tree staring in my window it had to be Zayn!" I cry harshly my body shaking as Louis sighs.