𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

Two down.

I shoot my grappling hook into a nearby pillar and knee a soldier in the chest, making his whole body slam into the wall, leaving a stain of blood in its wake.

Three down.

Four down.

Seven down.

Eight down.

"What the hell is with that girl?!" I hear a man shout out. I pivot my body in his direction to see two other soldiers right by him.

They all shoot their guns at me as I arc around a pillar and shoot after them, my ODM gear hissing with steam that pushes me forward.

My eyes settled on a man who was murmuring a prayer right before I plunged my blade into his chest, and using my slowed momentum from our clashing bodies, I swung my arm around and release one of my blades. The metal sword lands right in between the eyes of the other soldier, making his head snap back from the impact and leaving his body suspended by his ODM gear wires.

"Demon," the man underneath me whispers out as his mouth starts to pool in blood. I stare at the man in his eyes as I release him from my hold around his body.

"I'm sorry," I whisper, but I think he dies before he hears it.

I let the man drop before I unleashed myself on one of the remaining soldiers. Restocking my blades, I fly past her and swing down on her side, cutting one of her wires and piercing her skin.

Eleven down.

I felt no remorse for the people I was killing now. All that was in my mind was that I had to get to Eren, and if killing these soldiers was the way to do it, then so be it.

I'm about to chase after another group of soldiers but my attention is snagged away when I see Levi and Kenny.

They were going hard at it: Kenny was firing shot after shot and Levi was dodging them all, but he wouldn't be able to do that forever. Having an idea I swing to the ground and pick up a pack of alcohol that was used to create the smoke explosions from before.

After securing it in my hold I launched myself to where Levi and Kenny were, and right as I got there Kenny was firing a shot headed straight for Levi's body. I threw the bag with perfect accuracy and Kenny's shot hit it in mid-air, creating a small explosion fire.

"Levi!" I yell out to him. Levi's head whips to the side as I appear right next to him. I hold out my arm and he takes it without any hesitation.

I shoot my grappling hooks into a far away pillar and shoot my gas forward, while at the same time I'm gripping Levi's forearm in my hand. Once I'm gaining enough momentum I release Levi from my hold and he goes sailing through the fire explosion and straight at Kenny.

Levi slashes his blade down, cutting Kenny right in the ribs and making him retreat with curses under his breath. I'm about to chase after Levi to help him but something catches my gaze.

It was Hanji going at it with the blonde woman from before, and it looked like Hanji was just about to land her killing blow but the woman unexpectedly shoots out her grappling hooks, catching Hanji into her grasp. A choked gasp leaves me when I see Hanji being flung in the air and slammed into a crystallized pillar, her body hitting it with a loud thud and falling to the ground.

"Hanji!" I immediately forget about everyone and swing down on my ODM gear and crouch by Hanji's side, shifting half of her body into my arms.

"Hanji! Hanji, please. Hanji c'mon, wake up!" I tap on her face, trying to make her open her eyes but she's knocked out cold. The swishes of ODM gear alert me that someone's coming by, and I turn around to see Armin and Moblit.