𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞

It's been a few days that we've been down here and I haven't left Eren's side once. Even with Levi's bribes of buying me more books, or threats promising to kill me, I never once hesitated to decline his offers. To pass some time so both of us wouldn't get bored out of our minds, Eren and I played a hand-slapping game- which I won, an arm-wrestling game- which I also won, and we caught up more on what's happened to each of us from over the past year.

I told him how I was doing under Levi's command and about befriending Hanji. I didn't tell him about my ability though, thinking it would just make him more confused than he already was right now. And I'm still pretty sure he didn't even know about it yet; he was probably still unconscious when that Garrison soldier let it out of the bag.

I told Eren where we were and how he would have to have a trial under General Zackly, but I also made sure to say to act surprised when we were to be escorted to the courtroom. I also prepared myself to be tried as well. There was no doubt that word got around so I was betting that Commander Erwin would probably confess to knowing about my abilities and have me stand in front of the jury alongside Eren.

Eren and I had just finished our breakfast when there was a sudden bang on the cell bars. Our heads shoot to see a brown-haired crazy lady in front of us.

"Y/n! What're you doing down here?!"

Hanji's smiling face peered through the bars and her eyes light up even more when she sees the titan shifter beside me. "Oh, hello Eren! I am Hanji, and this is Mike," Hanji says while introducing herself and the dirty-blonde hair man next to him.  "I'm going to be your legal advisor for today!"

"Hey, Hanji," I say with a smile and get up from the bed Eren and I was sitting on.

I strolled up to the set of bars as she unlocked the cell door with what was probably the spare spare key, then walked out with Eren right behind me. Hanji stops us before we could fully get out of the cell though. She holds up two sets of handcuffs in her hands.

"Sorry about this, it's just a precaution," she says while looking at us as she claps the handcuffs around Eren's wrists first, making them lock shut. I hummed in response and Eren just looked at me confusedly with his eyes wide. I just settle for winking at him instead of explaining.

Hanji then turns to me and I hold out my arms. She places the metal handcuffs around my wrists, clasping them tight around my skin. I wince when she tightens it even more than she should've.

"Ouch, what the hell Hanji," I mumble and rub the skin under the cold metal.

"Sorry, Levi said to make yours extra tight," she sighs with an apologetic gaze. I just grin with a shrug.

"Speaking of short-stack..."

I hold up the two pairs of keys in my hand that I stole from him, and I don't miss Eren's shocked gaze as I addressed Humanity's Strongest Soldier in such an informal way.

Hanji's eyes go wide then she lets out a high-pitched laugh; she grabs onto her sides as waves of giggles spill past her mouth. She wipes tears from her eyes as she speaks. "So I guess Shorty didn't lose them after all!" I let out a giggle at Levi's attempt to cover up how I swiped the keys from him without him even noticing.

Once we were out of the dungeon, we all walked down a white brick hallway and Hanji immediately starts to babble about random things. After a few moments, Mike comes out of nowhere and starts to sniff Eren.

"Oh, don't mind Mike! He does this to everyone." Hanji states in a lighthearted tone as she basically skips towards our destination.

My head whips towards Mike as he starts to sniff me, then Eren again. His nose scrunched but he smirks as he talks for the first time today. "Y/n? Why do you smell like Eren?"