006 - 𝐷𝑅𝑈𝑁𝐾 𝐶𝑂𝑁𝐹𝐸𝑆𝑆𝐼𝑂𝑁

warnings: a drunk fundy <:

"We need to talk," Y/N spoke sternly. She could hear Floris tense from the other side. What was that all about? She understood that he was drunk, but he usually had better control than that.

"Yeah," he mumbled, "I'm just -hic- really drunk right now," Y/N sighed.

"Yeah, I know," she grumbled. Floris was hiccuping and giggling as she groaned. Why was he like this? It wasn't abnormal for him to get drunk, but this wasn't like him.

"Look, Y/N," he stated, "I'm drunk because I'm upset. That -hic- stupid friend of yours... What's his name, James? Yeah him. I don't like him -hic-. You deserve -hic- so much better and-" she heard a loud crash coming from Floris' side.

"Floris?!" she exclaimed, panicking. What the hell was he on about? She pursed her lips as she thought about what he had said. But what she was more worried about was him passing out on his desk. "Floris?" she asked again. She heard a mumble come through her headphones.

"Mmmm," he hummed. He turned on his camera for Y/N. He looked... very drunk.

"Why are you so drunk?" she asked. He smiled.

"Because. I already -hic- told you why," he replied.

"Okay, that's fair. But why did you say what you said?" she inquired, laying her head on her hands. A slight grin grew on his face.

"Chat dared me," he blushed. Was he... blushing? Y/N started to fidget with her hands below her desk. What was going on? Why was he becoming so flustered all of a sudden? Her inquiry seemed to snap him out of his drunk mentality. He was looking right at her.

"I-I uh," she stumbled. She was getting more anxious by the second. There were too many questions that she didn't have the answers to.

"I'm sorry, Y/N" he apologized, "I can just leave you alone. I can tell that you're getting anxious," Y/N brought her hands up to her head and rubbed her temples.

"It's fine, Floris," she frowned, "I just have so many questions that I want to ask you,"

"And I have a lot to explain," he mumbled, looking away from the camera.

"Do we want to talk about it tonight?" she asked softly. Floris looked like he was sobering up. He looked back at the camera. He seemed to be tired.

"If you want..." he frowned. She looked at him puzzled.

"Go ahead," she encouraged. Floris sighed.

"It's your stupid boyfriend..." he mumbled into the microphone. Y/N sat there for a minute, processing what he had just said.

"My what?" she asked quietly. Floris was holding his head in his hands.

"You heard me," he mumbled once again. He lifted his face out of his hands to make eye contact with her again. His eyes were glazed over from the amount of alcohol he had consumed. Instead of responding, Y/N just sat there with her mouth agape. "I'm sorry," Floris interrupted, "I'm really tipsy right now and I've clearly overstepped my boundaries,"

"Floris," she interjected, "you have overstepped your boundaries, that is correct," she sighed, rubbing her temples, "that being said... I will consider what you have said. You are my best friend and you seem to know me better than I know myself sometimes. All things considered, at the end of the day, I love Jared. He is my boyfriend. If you want to talk about such things in the future, please do it while sober." Floris sat there still. Y/N could tell that he felt ashamed of his word vomit, but she also realized that he couldn't really help it.

"Thanks for listening to me," he mumbled quietly. While the discussion seemed to sober him up some, Y/N wished that Floris had sobered up beforehand. Having a discussion as serious as this with a drunk person was not fun. There was no enjoyment in being confronted by her best friend who believes that her long-time boyfriend is not right for her.

"Floris," she started, "I will always listen to you, even if I don't agree with what you're saying. Next time, don't be drunk. I'll talk to you later," Floris frowned.

"Noted. Good night, Y/N," he waved. She waved back before ending the call. After she had noticed that her shoulders were sky-high, she heaved a heavy sigh and let her shoulders droop to the floor.

"Why does it have to be this way..." she groaned to herself as she fell down onto her bed. Pooki came running into her room and curled up on the edge of the covers.

Why did she feel perplexed?

words: 845