"Wait, no." I blurted as I finally absorbed what I had just said. "That was supposed to be in my head, pretend I never said that. I swear I'm not trying to mooch off of you or anything. Really, all you have to feed me is Fruit Loops or something and I'll be fine." 

  Harry laughed.

  "Relax, love." He said. "We're roomies, remember? What's mine is yours."

  "Right." I noted. "So then I guess I'll be getting the queen size bed and both of the flat screens?"

  "You will be taking the bed, yes." Harry confirms. I paused, unsure of what to reply to that, because what I said was completely joking and sarcastic, but the way this boy was looking at me told me that he wasn't being sarcastic back. Did he really expect me to take the big bed that was supposed to be for him away from him?

  "It's okay, the couch is fine." I insisted. 

  "I know the couch is fine, but the bed is even better." Harry argued. "Which is why my guest will be staying in the bed, because I am the host." 

  "We're roomies, remember?" I said, quoting something he had said not even a minute ago. "And as your roommate, I am giving you the bed to sleep on as a peace offering. Take it or leave it." 

  "Alright, alright, I give in." Harry chuckled. You can put your clothes that you packed in any of the open closets, I'll cook up some Ramen for dinner for us and I can find something on the television, if you'd like." 

  "Sounds great." I smiled at his hospitality. 

  Harry walked through the corridor back to the kitchen, leaving me in the living room/ my new bedroom. Even though I was perfectly conscience of what I had done, it hadn't fully sunk in yet. As I unzipped my large bag, I pondered what was going on back at home. Had they called the cops for a search party? Were they worried about me at all? I didn't even care.

  I wondered what would happen to me after this experience. My abrupt leaving would not be good publicity for my father's company, and since that was his main priority in his life, I knew that going home any time soon wasn't a rational option. The only way they would probably let me back into their home was if I married Matthew, which I would only do over my cold, dead body.

  Besides, the only thing that Matthew had going for him was his looks. And now that I had somehow managed to become the roadtrip partner of a very gentlemanly man called Harry, I was honestly fine with not having to mother Matthew's children. The mere thought of having little Matthew's running around the house was enough to make bile rise in my throat.

  I glanced down at the large sofa in front of me, trying to figure out how to make it pop down into a bed. Sticking my tongue out in concentration, I stared at the plush sofa and looked all around it for some sort of button to push to make it into a bed, but when I couldn't find it I resulted in jumping on the couch and wrestling with it in an attempt that it would magically turn itself into a bed.

  Suddenly, the pull out couch started to move towards me until it folded me in like some sort of sandwich. I screeched loudly as it squeezed me tightly, engulfing me in black leather. 

  "Help!" I called. "This thing is eating me!"

  I heard a husky laugh from somewhere in the room, which I knew was my new roommate Harry's.

  "This isn't funny!" I protested. "All of a sudden I was trying to make the bed and it decides to cave in on me!"

  I looked up to the little crack of light that I could see atop me, and suddenly there was a head looking down on me. Harry was grinning and giggling like a little schoolgirl as he waved some kind of remote in front of me.