CHAPTER 1

Hello!

All the characters here belong to middle-class family. So, the hostel room, Aarav and his friend's house, etc. mentioned in this book are thought from the point of view of most of the students who come to the new city for studies.

 mentioned in this book are thought from the point of view of most of the students who come to the new city for studies

° ○ ☆ ○ °

The Sun today is blessing us by not being hot as it was before. The view of the fields slowly changes to the buildings, while the noise of vehicles becomes more advanced as our Bus merges with the city's traffic.

The noise is not unpleasant, and I welcome it wholeheartedly. This city has been my dream. Though it is new, it isn't strange.

"Net Banking kaam nahi kar rahi behen," My best friend Ishita mutters to me while closing and opening the app as if it would magically start working again. (Net Banking isn't working, sister)

Ishita and I have been classmates since fifth. And then, in the tenth standard, when our class teacher told us to help her with something, we started sitting together. And much to our family's amusement, we became close from that particular day as if we knew everything about each other from childhood. And we both still regret not talking with each other earlier. If we had then, we would have had so many more moments to cherish.

"Maine kaha tha change kar le bank," I said, opening my phone to see the time before giving her, "Try to pay from my Paytm." (I told you to change your bank)

It is something new we both are processing. We weren't allowed to use online banking for payments. Desi Parents and their trust in online banking doesn't go well.

But now that they allowed us to go to a new city where only Ishita's brother Aarav knows us, they allow us.

Convincing both parents was another matter altogether. It took one whole month for both of us. Good thing we both were in this together. And, of course, Aarav talked with our parents assuring them about the city.

More than us, our parents stayed in contact with him regarding our accommodations and other things.

But good thing they finally allowed us to go.

We will stay in a hostel. It is near both Aarav's house and our college. There are some restrictions there, but we both are ok with it.

"I am so excited, Aadhii," Beside me, Ishu jumps after the screen shows 'Transaction Successful', giving back my phone.

"Me too, Ishu," I reply, looking at her with a big smile.

There will be so many new peoples we are going to meet. And no one knows us till now.

Well, Aarav does, but we can ignore that.

Aarav is studying in his third year of college and lives in a rented house with his two friends, as Ishu had told me.