Chapter 6: The Chosen Ones

Night after 7 are pretty cold.
Especially when you're hunting.

Though, the night is where all people like you thrived. It was like Harry Potter or Percy Jackson.

Signs changed, people used magic to open secret doors, a whole new breed of man were alive.

You walked past town and into the forest. Scanning the area, you saw other hunters joining your quest.

"You the Winchester kid?" A tall man asked. You only nodded. The man nodded before motioning you into a group.

The group was only two other people, these two worked with the same gods as you did. They just listen to them differently.

The girl gave you the reins of a stallion.

"Welcome to the hunt. I'm Juniper." You smiled at the name.

"Hippies?"

"Hipsters actually."

Juniper nudged her head towards the boy.

"That's Mich."

Mich only sat on his horse, in silence.

You nod before getting on the stallion. Juniper follows as Mich lifts his head.

"Have you guys hears of the 'Chosen People'?" Mich asked, in a scared tone. Juniper shakes her head as you tilt yours.

"What is he talking about?" You asked Juniper. "They're the rebels with a god complex basically. They think just cause we are given powers by the gods that we should have a say in how the universe works." Juniper explained in an annoyed tone.

You turned to Mich, who looked clearly shaken.

"They.. do some pretty horrible things. But they don't follow us. The gods basically disowned them." Juniper tried to reassure. Mich lifted his head before nodding slowly.

"What.. kind of things?" You asked as the horses started trotting forward. "They basically try to remove you from your gods. Torture, manipulation, other stuff." Juniper answered, watching for any signs of a beast. Mich tapped his thighs before speaking up. "Like a church?" You and Juniper turned to him, smiling at the joke.

"Yeah. Exactly. And they are just as powerless as we are." Juniper ruffled Mich's hair as you all started the hunt.