Prologue

~Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory~ Dr

~Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory~ Dr .Seuss

Beginning

Broken Devastated Useless Defeated Lonely Abandoned Rejected .... there is truly no specific word to describe how I am currently feeling.

It was just today morning when I had a spectacular moment with my family.

Mom cooked that delicious meal of bacon and eggs accompanied with her hand made freshly squeezed orange juice while dad sat on his regular stool reading the morning paper as he giggled with mom.

Their love for each other was truly adorable.

I was in class when I got a call from the principal's office.

"Ava Rhodes, you are needed by the principal. Please make you way there," my history teacher looked directly at me.

I hesitantly pushed all my things into my bag pack, quickly got up and steadily marched to his office where I got the most devastating news in my whole 17 years of existence that both my parents got involved in a car accident.

A drunk driver driving a lorry hit them across the bridge and currently they were in City Hospital under ICU fighting for life and death.

I felt my hairs raise and my knees started shivering knowing I was going to collapse to the ground if I hadn't gripped the door handle besides me.

"I think it's best if you go to hospital right now," that's all the principal sitting across the table next to the wooden bookshelf could tell me right now.

My best friend, Sophia dashed into the room and embraced me in her warm hug so tightly. Her tears wet my blouse and that's when I realized my own tears were slowly rolling down my cheeks.

A car then transported us to the hospital. I could not wait to see them so I opened a car door and rushed inside, trying to run as fast as I could with my tiny feet. They are fine, they had to be fine for God sake!

"Ava wait," I heard Soph call from behind me but too late I was already inside the hospital making my way straight to the reception.

"Mr. A-nd Mrs. Rho-des," I was breathless.

"Pardon me?" The receptionist looked at me as if I had grown a second head.

"GODDAMMIT TELL ME WHICH ROOM THEY ARE IN!" I shouted at her, I knew it wasn't her fault but I wasn't thinking straight for now.

As soon she told me they were in ICU seriously injured with a slim chance of survival, I hastily ran upstairs not caring that there was a lift.

I reached the door to the ICU but it seemed I was very late as the small red light on top of the door switched off and a group of medical staff came out with disappointment and sadness clearly expressed by their facial expressions. I still looked at them hopefully but the words they said next was enough to shatter my whole world to pieces I would never be able to collect again.