Chapter One.

Word count: 979 words.
////

I'm busy reading the new Thor comic I bought. The sky is turning dark and at any minute now the rain will start to pour. I stood and walked to the nearest cafe I could see. As I walked, the rain poured behind fast. I ran to the cafe keeping my comic book pressed against my chest to make sure it wouldn't get wet. My eyes are locked on the floor as I opened the door. But as I raised it, I saw how the scenery unfold infront of me.

I'm inside a gold ball-like structure and the air became thicker than usual. I gasped when I spun around seeing my dreams turn into reality. I know this place.

Bifrost.

I saw different ethnicities, one is I'm certain is American, the other one is Japanese, and the other ones... I can't really say. There's six of us staring at each other and examining the building we're in. I gaped in amusement and confusion.

I thought of the only thing that may wake me up before I get my hopes up that I'm in Asgard.

I closed my eyes and slapped myself three times.

I looked at my comic book and back at the main entrance of the Bifrost to make sure I'm not imagining or dreaming that I'm in Asgard. They have the same rainbow bridge connected to a large golden palace far away. My mind suddenly got blank and soun around to see if there's anyone besides us.

My eyes landed to a man wearing a golden armor holding a large sword infront of the main entrance. His face held no emotion staring at us.

"Lord Heimdall?" My mouth suddenly bursted out of control. I saw his mouth twitch slightly while most of the people I'm with cowered in fear.

"I see Asgard's magic is unpredictable. I did not open the Bifrost for any of you yet you stand infront of me. Very amusing." He said while not leaving his gaze from us.

In just a few seconds, I heard chorus of marching to the Bifrost. We all saw armored men in a distance walking faster than any human would. Something in me stirred, my stomach bubbled with anxiety and I just know that I'm excited. My heart beats erratically in my chest as the marches grew near. And soon, a whole battalion led by Hogun stood infront of us.

"Lord Hogun" I whispered and his eyes darted to me. He remained silent but his eyes gave away that he's suspicious and confused. His eyes came back to Lord Heimdall and retained his posture.

"We will escort them safely. We appreciate your compliance" Hogun told Heimdall and Heimdall nodded and gave them way to get us.

The soldiers pooled us in one group with spears behind our backs. They marched behind us that forced us to walk to the rainbow bridge heading to the palace.

My calves and thighs burned as we approached the gate. My fantasies of Asgard is true and somehow accurate. The long spires and the golden gates of the palace is humongous.

The soldiers opened the gate and forced us to walk. They led us to the throne room where I assumed Allfather is while waiting for our arrival.

Once he came to view, my stomach churned because by the way he sat, the way he stared, the way he held the staff. I just knew it's not Allfather.

Loki.

I didn't say anything that may displease him because first, I don't know if he's like in the comics. Second, maybe I'm wrong and Allfather might execute me.

I bowed and pressed the comic book tighter. His eyes are boring through me and I felt his gaze locked on me. He stomped the staff three times and the guards left without hesitation. I heard his feet walking towards us until I saw his golden shoes.

He held no emotion while staring at us. "Every 75 years we get visitors from another world. You are chosen to stay in Asgard."

His voice is stern, full of authority. Just how I imagined Allfather's voice would be. But I felt a twinge of uncertainty on his voice. Allfather is known for being stern and straightforward. Once he makes a decision, ther is no suce thing as uncertainty.

"My son, Loki will fill you with information by dinner. But for now, you will have your own chambers in the palace until you know your abilities. Your chambermaids will assist you with everything you need." He said before sitting back on the throne.

Six chambermaids swooped in and took us into our own rooms. I was assigned with a younger woman with strict personality and a knack for books. She made sure I'm comfortable and followed my schedule for the day.

I was given a lot of time to check out the palace. Well strictly, I couldn't leave the palace without assistance. The room is huge, it's about the size of my family's house in Atlanta. I traced my hands on the gold walls and made my way to the closet.

I took a decent dress fit for an asgardian and layed it on the bed. I removed my bag and placed my comic inside carefully. I'm thankful I brought my laptop and my diary. I readied myself and got out of a room wearing the dress.

I can say it's slightly itchy but I can endure it. I snapped my door shut and when I turned to leave I saw someone who I didn't expect.

His clothes are sparkly clean and his smell lingered on my nose longer than it should have. He smelled like lavender with a hint of the smell of old books.

Twirling his dagger on his fingerwith a smirk while eyeing me. Oh no, this is not gonna end well.