"Oh, are you guys done?" One of them asks and I glance over at the dryer only to see it has stopped.

"Yup," I say before going over and pulling out the rest of Stephanie and I's clothes.

"Oh, we're done too," Savannah says as Megan quickly hops off the other washing machine, clutching the purple t-shirt to her stomach as she's still trying to hide her slightly provocative bra.

"Okay, cool thanks." The girl replies and I close the dryer before picking up the now overly full basket. Stephanie taps my arm and I turn to her. She silently gestures to her discarded gum a few feet away on the floor and before you know it one of the girls walks past and squish. I internal cringe before the four of us quickly run out of the room.

I guess you can say that what happens in the laundry room... stays in the laundry room.

****

I walk out of the science building rubbing my eye. The left over snow on the ground is now partially melted and mixed with dirt making it appear along the lines of appalling instead of appealing.  A low whistle resounds from behind me and I slowly turn on my heel to find Trent leaning against the side of the building. I drop my hand back down to my side and smile at him. He's been doing this a lot lately—meeting me after my classes, when he doesn't have class, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it. He walks over and meets me on the pathway.

"Hey," he greets.

"Hi," I greet back looking up at him, but then my nose scrunches up a little at the sun.

He grins bringing his hand up to block it a little. "How are you?"

"I'm good." I nod. "A little tired, how are you?"

He shrugs. "I was okay, but now that you're standing in front of me I think I'm feeling a little better."

"Ha ha so funny." I lightly slap his chest with the back of my hand before turning on my heel again to start walking down the pathway.

"I'm not kidding." He falls into step beside me. "You're like the... the sunshine to my day." He finishes of dramatically and I raise my brow at him.

"Way to hesitate, Romeo." He unexpectedly stops walking and throws his head back in laughter. People walk around us and I find it hard to keep my own lips in a straight line. After a few seconds Trent finally sighs.

"You're adorable." He pokes my nose and I shake my head, but despite my attempts a smile breaks out across my lips. Trent grins back at me the sunlight now blocked by his whole body.

"Yo Trent!" Someone calls and Trent turns around to see a group of guys standing across the lawn on the opposite pathway. I block the sun with my arm and see them wave him over. Trent waves them off, but they continue to flail their arms at him. I drop my hand allowing the sun to glow back into my vision.

"We could go over there if you want. You can talk to them, I don't mind," I say and Trent turns back to me.

"No, no," he waves his hand, "it's fine."

"But it seems kind of urgent." I lean around him to look at the group again, but he blocks my view.

"No, really, its fine." I look up, meeting his gaze, and he gives me a small smile before nudging my arm. "I rather just hang out with you."

"Ah, well," I take a step back. "I don't know if I can today. I just got assigned a huge lab report that I need to start."

"Oh." His lips form the word before he nods. "I've got some work I need to do too. Do you want to bring your stuff over to my dorm and we can do it together? I like to think I make a great study buddy." He wiggles his eyebrows and I shove his arm.