Chapter 33: Hope what have you done

Kai and I walked into the compound the next day, "I cloaked her in a sleeping spell that I wrote myself," I heard Hope's voice coming from her room, "oh in that case, I have never been prouder," 'wait is that Klaus?' I thought to myself, "where is...

Kai and I walked into the compound the next day, "I cloaked her in a sleeping spell that I wrote myself," I heard Hope's voice coming from her room, "oh in that case, I have never been prouder," 'wait is that Klaus?' I thought to myself, "where is she?" His voice confirmed my thought, "you are just gonna go disappear again if I tell you," she said as we stand in front of her room. "Hope, you are in danger when we are in proximity, I know you feel that," Klaus yells at her then all of us saw the flowers are starting to decay, along with a snake climb its way out of there.

"The dark magic inside us manifests itself in ugly ways, we could be putting others in danger too, the whole city," he said in a much more calm tone then looks at us, Hope turns around giving us a small smile, "I don't care, auntie Kate and uncle Kai is fine," she stands up from the couch yelling at her dad, "right, we will wait downstairs," I said quietly then leading Kai downstairs. "Hey Freya," I gave her a small smile, Kai waves at her, "hey you two," she said while packing, Keelin is sitting next to her, "hey Keelin," Kai and I said at the same time.

She gives us a sweet smile, "well, at least Hayley is safe," Freya breaks the silence, "I can't believe Hope did this," Keelin said while folding her clothes, "oh she's right on schedule, my teenage temper tantrums involved birds falling out of the sky, and entire villages burning, so family tradition," she gives us a wink, "I will keep that in mind if we ever have a daughter," Keelin said casually, I saw the expression on Kai's face has changed, I don't blame Keelin, she didn't know. Freya gave her a look hinting her to change the topic, "sorry, she didn't know," Freya apologized, "oh uh, it's nothing, we are gonna go get a cup of coffee," I wave my hand at them, "ok, see you later then, be careful," Freya said as we start heading out, "thanks sis, see you!"

"So, are we gonna talk about it now or are you gonna keep pushing me away?" I look at Kai with a faint smile, sometimes I would wonder what our twins would be like now, if the 'accident' didn't happen, they would be six or seven by now. "Sorry, I didn't mean to push you away, I just didn't want you to get worried and feel even worse at that time, I should've been there for you," Kai said with guilt on his face, "you have always been there for me, Parker, you think I don't know that you were watching me sleep every night? And putting away the twins' clothes so I wouldn't be sad if I saw them, I know everything you did for me, and thank you, I never got the chance to say this," I said softly while caressing his face, "thank you, cupcake, for everything, I'm more than happy even without the twins, you gave me my happy ending," he whispers after pulling me into his arms.

My phone starts vibrating, I got a text from Klaus saying Hayley is at St.Annes, we start driving as soon as we can. I opened the door seeing Klaus and Freya is already there, the coffin was opened and destroyed, Hayley is not in there, what more horrifying is the room has blood splashed all around it, including the coffin.

We went back to the compound immediately, "Hope, we went to the church to get your mother, she wasn't there," Klaus said in a low tone, "what? No I protected her, I wrote the perfect cloaking spell, I kept her safe, I—I don't understand, the coffin was just empty?" Hope begins to fluster, "the coffin was destroyed, whatever happened to your mother didn't happen without a fight," Hope starts panting after hearing Klaus's words, "look, I know it wasn't your intention for someone to get hurt, I know you did this because I left you with no choice, sweetheart look at me," Klaus steps towards her trying to calm her down.

"This, this is my fault, I'm gonna fix it," he said looking into her eyes, "I've already spoken to Alaric, you will go back to Mystic Falls tonight, I need to know you're safe," then Hope starts coughing, "Hope what's going on?" I step closer to her, "Kai what's happening to her?" I turn around but only to see Kai is just as confused as me, "I think it's the dark magic," Kai said with doubt in his voice.

Hope starts coughing louder, then she starts choking too, "Klaus you have to get out!" I said as I saw a snake is climbing out of her mouth, "I'll find your mother and I swear I will return her to you, I love you," he said softly before he left the room. She starts crying on the floor, "come here, sweetheart," I stretch out my arm and help her to get up, Kai wipes away her tears gently. "You guys sacrificed everything for me, to save me, I'm supposed to be worth it, I mean I'm supposed to be better right? My dad thinks that I'm broken," She said with tears in her eyes.

"Hey, he might be suck at expressing his feelings by words, or actions sometimes even, but no matter what, your dad will love the very worst of you, until the oceans are dust, you are worth every sacrifice, we would do it again without any doubts," I said softly, "and you are good, more than just good, show me anybody who says otherwise, I will roast him and turn him into our dinner, period." Kai adds, Hope starts laughing, along with me, "didn't hear any backtalk," Kai cups his ear with his hand, "and Kevin loves you too, he told me he is so proud of you in my dreams last night," Kai gives her a wink.

Kai walks to her and pulls her into his arms, he starts sobbing in her arms, "I'm okay, you don't have to, I know you are not a hugging person unc—" "No, this is for me," Hope and I start chuckling at his words, then I saw Hope wraps her arms around him tighter hugging him back.

Hope packed her bags and we are walking her down, "thanks for the ride back to school," she said to a tall, slim boy who is standing in front of a car right now, who looks oddly familiar but it just doesn't ring a bell in my head, I swear I have seen him somewhere at some point in my life.

"Who the hell are you?" I slapped Kai's arm after his words, "sorry, this is her uncle, he can get a bit protective some time, what's your name? And also, what are you doing with Hope so late at night?" I said at once, "auntie Kate, it's alright, he is Roman, we go to the same school, Roman, this is auntie Kate and uncle Kai," she said cheerfully, "ok Romeo, what are you?" Kai said without thinking, "a vampire, and it's Roman," that young boy said nervously, "you guys go to the Salvatore school?" I pull Kai behind me, "yes," he answers me quietly, "what are you doing with my niece?" I glance over Hope, "I'm just driving her to the school, nothing more," he gives me a faint smile, "you better not lay a hand on her or else you won't have hand at all, Hope you better not be Juliet," Kai steps closer to him.

Hope got between them and separating the two of them, "it's fine uncle Kai, he is good, don't worry," Hope said anxiously, suddenly a noise caught our attention, "someone help him!" A man screamed not that far away form us, we ran to where people are gathering up right now. "Oh my god," I saw Hope's mouth is wide open, it's Henry, someone just hung him in the middle of a street, his chest is empty, a vampire did this, "Hope you need to go now, text me when you arrive at the school." I said to her quietly, then Roman helps her getting out of the crowd.