POST CREDIT 2: (I told ya they were gay)

your smile is priceless (Rooks)
written by resident beta reader

< summary >

"books had never seen rowan's smile until now."

aka three times books made rowan smile, and one time rowan made him smile.

< warnings >

mentions of running away bUT! that's it everything else is fluff hop on the fluff train *choo choo*

———

a/n: yeah this is ya girl beta !! apparently i have a hidden talent called "being able to put thoughts into coherent words" so this happened. i hope you guys like this lol, i'm really proud of this so um give me feedback and how to improve in the comments and whatnot :D

i don't actually have a wattpad account (well i used to but i don't have the password anymore, nice job me), so maybe izzy should make a oneshot book with more of my newsies writings, idk if you guys would read that, idk idk-

update : it's happening ack- i know i'm not supposed to plug my own writing but um ?? go read it if you like this i guess lol

hope you guys enjoy !! i'm gonna shut up now and let y'all read lol :)

This is Izzy, check me profile for her one shot book!
———

one ;

Nine-year-old Books watched the rain pour outside his window. He liked the sound of it pattering on the sidewalk and on the road. He opened his book to his last page and started reading.

"The rain is nice, ain't it," he heard Rowan say. Books looked up. Rowan was sitting on his bunk, looking at him.

"Yeah, it is." Books looked out the window again.

"I don't really like it that much." Books looked back at him in surprise. "It was raining when I, um, I ran away."

"Oh." Books didn't really know what to say in response. He got up and sat next to Rowan on his bunk.

Sometimes nothing needed to be said in response.

Books wrapped an arm around Rowan. He didn't really know what he was doing, but it felt right.

Books didn't notice that Rowan was smiling a little bit until he looked over at him.

Books had never seen Rowan's smile until now.

It was a nice smile. It was small, but bright. Books loved it.

"I think I kind of like the rain now," Rowan mumbled.

Books didn't say anything. The two of them just sat there, one arm around the other.

———

two ;

Fourteen-year-old Books hid underneath his bunk. He glanced around, hoping he wouldn't be found. His breath came in little puffs.