Chapter 6: Meeting The Redwoods include lots of trigger warnings

[TW: {if you couldn't tell by the title} DEATH, MURDER, DRINKING, YELLING, CURSING]
(Anastasia's POV)

"Daren Redwood...."

"Shh shh shhh," Daren put a hand to my lips as we crouched behind the table.

"Anastasia Redwood," Our father whispered, circling around the house.

Suddenly there was quiet.

"I gotcha!" He pulled us out from under the table as we giggled. (Fun fact I was originally gonna make this scene a dark one where their dad was actually chasing after them but I decided not too)

"Oh dear, put the children down!" Our mother laughed while mixing our favorite dish together, chicken noodle stew.

"Oh but baby," Our dad whined carrying us to the kitchen.

"Jonathan," Mom put her hands on her hips. [jOnAtHaN gRoFf] (....) (yEs)

"Amanda," Dad used the same voice.

Me and Daren both giggled, they always did this.

............................................................

"Momma," I gripped my moms hand tightly, tears rolled down my cheeks. Daren put his hands on my shoulders.

"Don't cry baby," She reached up her frail hand and put it to my face.

A month ago she was okay.

A month ago our family was okay.

A month ago nothing was wrong.

"DON'T DIE!" I cried, flinging my arms around her. "PLEASE MOMMA PLEASE!"

"Shhhh," Daren rubbed circles on her back.

"Please, no," I sobbed.

"Take good care of your sister," Mom grabbed Darens face too. Daren nodded frantically, but mother just smiled. "My brave children,"

"AMANDA!" Dad came barging in and sobbed into moms arms. "Baby don't go, just a little longer stay awake-" (my brain: sTAY ALIVEE)

"Dear, we can't hold onto this world forever, there will be a day when you'll join me in the paradise in the sky.

If it was possible, dad sobbed louder, I gripped onto Darens arm.

And with that, our mother closed her fiery brown eyes for the last time.

............................................................

"DAREN AND ANASTASIA REDWOOD!" Our father called, but after moms death love never filled his voice, instead there was bitterness.

Me and my brother looked at each other worryingly before running down.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!" He snapped, placing down his beer bottle with a cling.

Yes.

Beer.

When a loved one dies people change.

It brings out the worse in you.

And a lot of the time,

The people with the best, brightest, and kindest hearts turn the most dark and cruel.

That's what happen to our father.

............................................................

"I'm scared," I clung onto Darens shirt. "I'm so scared!"

"Shhh," He rubbed my back the way he always did.