Chapter 13: The End, oR iS iT?

Drawing by Resident Beta Reader. STICK AROUND FOR THE REWRITE AND POST CREDITS!
(Slip's POV)

"What was that?" Books smirked as I walked down the stairs to the main bunk room.

"What?" I tried to hide my embarrassment.

"You and blonde-y making out."

"Shut up." I mumbled.

"So you have a boyfriend?" Sparkles smiled.

"I don't have a boyfriend!" I huffed.

"Then why were you kissing Race?" Snapper stepped up.

"It's nothing."

"Sure." Hyper smiled slightly.

"You guys are the most annoying-"

"We get it! You love us!" Rowan smirked.

"She doesn't love us...." Books pouted.

"But she loves Race!" Ace smiled brightly in which I whacked him on the back of his head.

"Everyone go to bed!"

"Fine!"

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

"I'll get the lights. You get those windows unlocked." The pretty girl from Jacobi's- who I now know is Katherine- exclaimed.

"You sure we can trust Jack." I mumbled to Race, but the blonde boy just squeezed my hand reassuringly.

"I'm sure."

"You got enough keys here for the entire building. Has someone been picking daddy's pockets?" I rolled my eyes at Jack's comment.

"The janitor's been working here since he was eight years old and hasn't had a raise in twenty years. He's with us one-hundred percent." Katherine responded.

"You bring enough fellas to keep us covered?" Jack turned to Davey.

"We could hold a hoe-down in here and no one would be the wiser."

"Good job."

"It's good to have you back again."

"Shuddup."

I smiled at Jack.

This was the Jack I knew.

"Here she is, boys. Just think, while my father snores blissfully in his bed, we will be using his  very own press to bring him down." Katherine grinned wickedly.

"Remind me to stay on your good side."

Me and Race walked over to the printing press.

"Is this what they print the papes on?" Race looked at it confusedly.

"I can see why they tossed this old girl down to the cellar, but I think she will do the job." A very well dressed guy ran his hand along the printer.

"Jack, this is Darcy. He knows just about everything there is to know about printing."

My mind blanked out for the rest.

"Great! Let's get to work."

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

I tucked my braids into my hat and tried to look as best as I can for being a street rat.

"Trying to look good for someone?" Hyper joked.

"Shaddup."

"I still don't really like him, but if he makes you happy that's what matters." Hyper shrugged.

I was about to protest when Sparkles walked up to me.

"Do you think we'll win?"

"I think-" Ace began before Snapper cut him off.

"I think we're gonna win!"

"We are gonna win." I grinned.

"Let's go!" Rowan yelled, dragging Books by his arm.

"Let's go." I smiled.

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

I gripped onto Race's arm as we all anxiously waited for Jack to come back down.

"Calm down, you're gonna break my arm." Race joked.

"I know, I know." Just as I was about to start pacing around Jack bursted through the doors.

"Newsies of New York." Race grabbed my hand and squeezed it reassuringly. "WE WON!"

Everything around us didn't matter.

The fact that the governor was here didn't matter.

No.

Because the next thing Race did changed my life forever.

He grabbed my face in his hands and kissed me passionately, I wrapped my arms around his neck as our lips moved sync.

When we pulled away he stared into my eyes and I stared into his.

"So is this official?" I asked jokingly.

"I don't know," he joked back, a smile on his face. "Anastasia Redwood, will you be my girlfriend?"

"I'm not sure." I grinned, before pulling him down to kiss again.

"GET A ROOM!" I heard Hyper shout.

"SHE'S A GIRL?" I heard a shriek.

I guess my hat fell off.

"WAIT A MINUTE! DREW IS SLIP, SLIP IS ANASTASIA, AND ANASTASIA IS RACE'S GIRLFRIEND?" I heard another cry, I just smiled into the kiss and I felt Race do the same.

When we pulled away for air again in the corner of my eye I saw Rowan slam his lips onto Books and Books froze in shock.

I put a hand to my mouth to cover my laugh and when Race saw what I was looking at he stifled a laugh too.

"So you're my girlfriend now..." Race muttered.

"I guess so." I smiled and he leaned down, our foreheads touching.

And everything was right in the world.

~Fin~
(12-31-2020 5:26 PM)
(Posted 3-14-21 8:04 PM)
STICK AROUND FOR POST CREDITS AND REWRITE!