Chapter Twenty-five

Start from the beginning

When they concluded the conversation he handed me my phone back. "What was that about?" I asked him. He walked up to me putting his arm over my shoulder, making me walk to the class I had with him. "Nothing. It was just something about my dad needing to talk to me." He said before leading us in class.

I said goodmorning to the biology teacher Mr Mathews , as did Mathias, which he returned. I sat in my usual wooded seat at the back of the class next Tony Martin a class mate of mine. "Hey," he was pretty quiet most of the time, only spoke when necessary, so it surprised me when he spoke to me without me saying something first. "Hi." I said quietly. Though class hadn't started, I was accustom to keeping a low voice in class.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, a bit hesitantly. I looked at him weirdly before nodding my head, questioning him as to why he asked. "You haven't seen the video?" He spoke increasingly louder. I shook my head, gulping audibly. This cannot be good, videos spreading around this high school are never good. He showed me a video of Tyler and I walking out of the mall, Tyler's arm was around my shoulder and I was wearing his jacket. I was holding my bag of mall snacks and food. Then I smiled at something he said and he kissed my temple.

The caption was "Disabled slut🤮♿" I was fronzen, I couldn't breathe, I couldn't think. Yes I know in the video meant what it looked like, and yes Mathias knew that nothing was going on with Tyler and I. I don't know why but I laughed.

I. Fudging. Laughed.

I started shaking with laughter. The audactisity of this person to call me a slut when they most likely don't even know me. I then scrolled down a bit (by accident) and was able to see the comments. I immediately stopped laughing.

"Desperate whroe." "Thirsty slut." "I can't believe she'd sleep around with one of his best friends." "Miss goody-too-shoes turned hoe." "Crippled high price hoe."

My heart sank to the bottom of my chest and suddenly I felt like shit. The level of pain I felt emotionally, was indescribable. My smile dropped as I handed the phone back to Tony. My minuscule arms fell back to their formation at the back of my side, growing despondent, I leaned back into my chair. I don't know why I was surprised. People will be people. I just had to accept it.

Tony tried to talk to me and cheer me up but I didn't really listen, just nodded everytime I thought he finished a sentence. By the way he sighed abruptly after his supposed fifth sentence, where I yet again: nodded at, thinking he was done. He gave up. I was in a sour mood the rest of class, only answering when called. The rest of class must have picked up on it: seeing as I was normally competing with Mathias to answer questions.

Nevertheless whether they did or not I couldn't care less, I didn't want the prying eyes of those whom I assumed saw the video on me. I could tell by the stares which people where which: The ones sending me sly comments, the ones who were talking to their friends about it. Then there were the ones sending pitied looks my way, the ones sending me messages during class trying to cheer me up. I just responded kindly to the three or four kind gestures.

At the end of class Mathias walked up to me leading me out of class with a concered look. We were at the teacher stopped us, he said that he needed to speak to me. He told Mathias to wait outside so he could speak with me privately. He sat at his desk while I stood in front of him. A sigh escaped his lips before he spoke.

"I don't know what happened, but I do know that it's not what it seems. I want to make sure you were okay after seeing that videos negative..." He cut himself off, not sure if to continue. "If you mean the comments, then yes I have seen them. Its okay sir, I'm fine." I finish. He looked as though he wanted to object, but just shook his head instead. He pulled me into an unexpected hug. I had to hide the discomfort I felt at first as an after affect of his abruptness, and the Jace situation.