Chapter Twenty-three

Start from the beginning

My movements were rushed as I went to pick her up. I heard a groan of pain leave her when her body collided with the tiled floor. I got her up and held her steady till she regained her balance. "You alright love?" I asked my voice soft, mildly plagued by worry. She nodded her head, muttering a thank you, a wide smirk stretched across her lips.

I regained a couple braincells I still don't know how I misplaced earlier—And ran.

I hid in the first place I could think of—behind Mrs  Deveraux's back. With my 6'4 stature, it made absolutely no sense for a teenager of my hight to try hiding behind a woman who is probably no more than 5'2. Nevertheless I was doing it with open arms. She looked at me with a confused smile as if she was trying to stop herself from smiling.

She then looked towards her daughter who had just entered the room. He mother was halfway through wishing her a happy birthday when she pointed a stick at me. "You!" She whispered lowly, a threatening tone seeping in to replace her soft voice. walking closer. I sank back into her mother even more.

She walked towards her mother and kissed her cheek. "Thank you ma." She said moving her arms to hug her. I saw the trap from a mile away so I ducked it moving past her. She screeched in frustration, causing a laugh to leave her mother's lips. She pulled away from her, trying to lunge at me. Her mother grabbed her before she could, running her hand down her head gently.

She calmed down almost instantly. Damn. I need to learn that. "How did you?" I asked baffled. Kayrene (Mrs Deveraux) was able to calm her down so quickly. From what I observed Miracle was a daddy's girl. Not in a bad/obnoxious way though. Whether she denies it or not, it dosen't change the fact that it's true.

"She may be a daddy's girl. But this one, comes to me for and about almost anything. She even sleeps in my room sometimes—So evidently; I trump her father." She hit her mom's shoulder playfully at mention of her being a daddy's girl. But agreed to anything else without an ounce of shame. Not that any of it is to be ashamed of.

I'd kill, to have that with my mom again.

After a bit we all settled down in the kitchen after eating breakfast. Zavian, Maddison, Luce and Angie were here aswell. A little while after we had finished eating, Miracle's mother disappeared to go look for something. When she came back I noticed she had something with her.

Lucious saw it and started hollering while Maddie and Zavian appeared indifferent. What was so special about that bottle that would have Luce acting so hyped on a Saturday at nine thirty in the morning.

When she walked back into the kitchen she retrieved two shot glasses, bringing it back to the table. She poured the clear liquid into the cup. As soon as she placed it down on the counter I took a look at it—It was called "Puncheon" it was an alcohol I came to realize seconds later, I wasn't familiar with.

Kayrene had handed the shot glass to Miracle, who was shocked to see that it was her who the drink had been offered to. I tried to contain my laughter as I watched Miracle try to convince her mother she'd never drank before.

"Baby, I know you've drank before there's no point in hiding it. Besides your legal now, so it's okay." Her mother laughed. Handing it to her, again. I was confused by what she meant by legal. Miracle was only 18, not 21. Noticing my confusion Kayrene explained it to me.

"You're legally considered an adult in Trinidad at 18, and you can drink at that age aswell." She explained further. I had to stop my mind from exploding. "Fuck, does that country get any better?" I exclaimed. I think I'm in love with that country, even after only one trip. They all nodded and smirked at me. Miracle had already downed the shot, a few minutes later, Angelica remained her that she needed to get ready.