I grew to hate his guts. The day he left was the best day of my life. I was so happy I'd be spared from his torture. But for some sick twisted reason. I missed him. He was my brother. The brother who took a black eye for me. Who walked me home after school so I didn't get jumped by boys who for some reason hated my guts.

Every day he tortured me I wondered where that caring person went. I still loved him, because all hatred aside: he's still my brother and there was still some hope that remaining in my heart, that he'd revert back to the person he once was.

"So, I heard you got a girl now. Sounds serious." He said leaning against the wall. I refused to give him my acknowledgement. "Didn't know you had a thing for disabled chicks though." He poked, knowing exactly where to hit. I walked up to him only slightly taller than him.

I grabbed a fist full of his shirt my face close to his. "If you do anything to jeprodise tonight. I'll make you wish you had stayed in New York." His eyes softened and he just smiled. "I'd never do anything to jeprodise your happiness. You seem to really like her. That's good." He said his voice dripped in honesty.

This was confusing me. Why the hell would he want to see me happy. When he'd been the one to cause me the most pain? Maybe this was this is all part of some plot to get me to forgive him.

I was about to say something about it when I heard the doorbell ring. I let go of him and walked out into the living room. I saw mt step mother open the door, my father trailing behind her. Mrs. Deveraux was the first I laid eyes on. "Kayrene! It's so good to see you." My step mother smiled at her. They hugged and then let go after a bit.

They all walked into the house. I hugged Maddison and Mrs. Deveraux. bro hugged Zavian. As soon as she stepped in my I was by her side in seconds. I grabbed her hand and placed my lips to her ear. "I need to talk to you about something." She smiled at my parents politely and we went upstairs.

Once we were out of view, I pushed her against the wall and kissed her. My lips moved against hers at a decent speed. I bit down on her lips lightly. She moaned softly into the kiss, before granting me entrance. "You have no idea how much that just calmed me." I told her after we broke apart.

"Why are you so stressed?" she said running a hand down the my cheek. "My brothers here." She looked at me cocking an eyebrow. "It's a long story. One that I'm not ready to talk about. Just stay away from him, yeah?" She looked perplexed, but nodded anyway.

We walked downstairs and I turned around to see everyone conversing among themselves. Everyone including Rio. We walked over to the living room where everyone was conversatating. "Glad you could join us little brother." I just resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Muttering a simple, "Yeah."

"You must be the girl I've heard so much about." He said flashing a smile her way. "All good things I hope. I'm Miracle and You?" She asks holding out her hand for him to shake. Him being the extra bastard he is. kissed her hand, looking up at her while doing so.

"Such a gentleman." Mrs Deveraux said.

It took everything in me not to grab her hand away from his lips. "My name is Rio. Your name fits you well. Your most definitely the best Miracle my brother has been blessed with." He smirked.

I didn't disagree with him, she was most definitely the best thing that has happened to me. In a long time. But the smug look on his, stupid face irritated me to no end.

"DINNER IS READY!" My stepmother called from the kitchen. We all walked to the dining room to see her and my father setting the plates of food down. We all sat down at the table as the last plate was set down.