Ch. 24 - Hybrid

Everyone was distracted by the person they were trying to fight. Kyle and Dillan were in a losing battle with the three wolves and Sabrina was using so much energy to fight the three witches that she looked like she was going to pass out next to Liz. Cari was now on her knees unable to stand due to the spell. If I did nothing my friends were going to die. My eyes began to sting, and my jaw felt like it was cracking. Becky sorely miscalculated.

I let out a loud growl and the whole room froze. Cari, Kyle, and Dillan were released as all the attention was drawn to me with my glowing green eyes and my threateningly sharp canines. The first thing I did was mind link with Emma and Sam. We needed all the help we could get.

"Emma, Sam. Cari's classroom now. Danger." I sent.

"Nat?" Emma and Sam responded in unison clearly confused I was able to link them.

"NOW." I did not have time for their questions.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK ARE YOU!?" Becky yelled.

Before I could answer. Sam and Emma came bursting through the door. They stared at me in utter shock. I just smiled wide, my deadly teeth glistening in the light.

"Surprise!" I said in the most innocent tone looking at my friends and Cari who were all staring at me with wide eyes. Fuck I'm going to die....better make the most of it.

"Now to answer your question...Becky," I spat her name like it was venom in my mouth. "I'm a hybrid."

"Those are just a myth," her dumbass mate responded. By now Liz was fully awake and staring at the scene before her like it had to be a bad nightmare. Poor Liz she didn't deserve to die.

I looked down at myself as if checking if I were real, "Huh that's weird I could have sworn I was real... should we test it to find out..." At that lunged forward to attack the imbecile. But obviously, I was stopped by his mate and I was thrown across the room as if I was just a rag doll. My whole body ached from the impact. I felt pathetic. I couldn't even fight when I was supposed to be my deadliest. But goddamn would I try.

"Let me be super clear," I said, slowly getting up and wiping the blood from my lip. "I like it rough...but give me a fair warning..." I smirked.

Becky teleported across the room and appeared directly in front of me. Before I could react, she held me by the throat making me gasp for air as my legs kicked violently.

"You touch my mate and I promise to make you wish for death..." she growled. I was sure I was about to die until suddenly Becky was ripped from me and flown across the room with such a force that the wall cracked upon her impact.

"Same," Cari growled lowly as she protectively stood in front of me. Holy Fuck I have a mate. Fuck, Cari is my mate?!

"Babe, call Isabel right now." Cari threw me her phone. Did she just call me babe!? Goddammit, Nat focus you're going to die!

"Hey Sis what's up!" Isabel sang through the phone.

"Isabel, we need you to come to Cari's classroom now," I said panicked as I watched Emma and Sam shift and join Kyle and Dillan to fight off the three wolves that were coming full speed at Cari and me.

"Nat, honey, what's wrong?" Isabel said frantically but before I could respond I felt a pain a so fierce course through my body that I collapsed on the ground screaming in agony.

"NAT!" I heard Isabel yell on the other end, but I couldn't respond. Cari was fighting with all her might against the other two witches' spell.

"FUCK COME ON EVERYONE, NAT AND CARI NEED US!" I heard Isabel yell before the line cut out. I felt the pain leaving my body and I realized Sabrina was placing a protection spell on me.