O2O

TROY'S POV
NARRATION OO1

I woke up one hour earlier than my alarm, which was supposed to ring at eight o'clock.

I did not even think If I did fell asleep last night. I was so engrossed with the thoughts of my plans for today. I even imagined the worst-case scenario, which involved Aurie slapping me for something I didn't quite understand.

It was ridiculous. I know. But it can happen.

I got out of my bed to wash my face before going downstairs then I heard someone knocking on my door's room.

"Drix, Dad's here," It was Ate Thalia.

I hastily fixed my hair before going out of my room. As I walked towards the living room, I saw my Dad talking to a guy his age whom I was not familiar with. I assumed that it was another business partner. Another investment that has yet to transpire.

"Good morning po," bati ko sa kanila. Nginitian ako ni Dad bago siya bumalik sa pag-uusap nung kasama niya.

Dumiretso ako sa dining room, kung saan nakita ko sila Ate.

"Morning," bati ko ulit.

Nakasuot parehas si Mom at Ate ng apron na kulay pink. Hindi ko alam kung saan nila nakuha 'yon. Sa pagkakaalam ko, wala namang ganyan dito last time na uwi ko.

"Kayo ba magluluto ng foods mamaya?" I asked after I sat on one of the stools beside the kitchen counter.

"Mom will cook her special chicken casserole and tuna pasta. The rest, in-order kila Tita Gwen," Ate Thalia explained.

Pinanuod ko lang sila na magluto ng breakfast habang nakapalumbaba ako. Lagi akong natutulala tuwing pagkagising ko.

"Mom,"

"Yes, son?" Mom replied while slicing the carrots.

"What is the dinner for?" I asked.

"To welcome the new members of the family, of course," she said.

She had always considered the staff and teachers in our school as our family. And I think it was a great value to have. To recognize your workers as your family, not just merely as workers.

I had never heard any complaints about her, especially from the teachers in school. That I know of. Hindi ako sure. Baka hindi lang nila pinapaalam dahil anak ako ng may ari.