Chapter 10: Secrets untold

2 months later.....

It had been a good while since Ellie had become right hand lady and many things had happened. First, her friends both got promoted meaning they were also executives. Secondly they were apparently dating. And finally, there was a big event coming up. It started with some members saying they wanted some kind of social based event. More people were supporting this as Valentine's was coming up. So it was arranged: There would be a valentine's dance.

After the word got out,  many members scrambled to find a date. This was the perfect opportunity for people to ask out their crushes or hangout with their friends. In fact, during the 2 week period before the dance, many new relationships were formed as people were ever being a wingman for someone, or thinking of some way to get their crushes to go with them. And even those who often wouldn't find love got involved. Many members helped with decorations, food or were just being others wingman/wing women. There eas even an entertainment list for those who had not got a date. It was utter chaos.

Then the day of the dance arrived. All the couple's got ready. Anyone who hadn't asked someone to go with them was either asking now or giving up completely. The cafeteria had been set . There was a dance floor in the middle of the room. All the tables had been moved to the side.

The first couple's came in. There was about 25 of them that entered. Then more people arrived. This second wave included people like Hat Girl and Geffroy Plumb. Finally the executives arrived. The first executive couple to walk through the door was Carol and Burt followed by Carol's wingwoman Ellie. Then came Reginald walking beside Right hand man. It was obvious between them. Finally Henry came. He and some other executives went up to a high table.

Henry: Hello everyone. Welcome to the Toppat Valentine's dance. The dance will begin shortly. In the meantime anybody who signed up for the entertainment period walk behind the stage and get whatever you need ready.

Now about 28 people stood up and walked over to the makeshift stage. Almost everyone walked over to see the acts. Ellie meanwhile walked over to one of tables where plenty of members were and just got out her phone to play some Between Us. Yet she could still hear everything at the stage. So after about 20 minutes of listening to Thomas Chestichire blow the audience up in a frenzy of laughter, she decide to head to one place she could be alone: the old and pretty much abandoned storage room. Along the way she swore she saw a figure by a window. But after rubbing her eyes she saw nobody.

Ellie: Eh.Probably a trick of light.

She continued walking only she must have been thinking too much about other things because she ended up going in the wrong direction and found herself in front of a large window. It wasn't as big as the cafeteria one but was still bigger then her. She saw an old chair nearby and decided to sit down. After an hour of playing Between us she heard something: someone was walking this way. Looking for somewhere to hide she crouched down behind a large box of tophats.

Looking around the corner of the box she saw Henry sitting there. He was looking at earth. However while before in the cafeteria he would look down at it in a leader type fashion, now he was staring down at the blue planet with awe. Then he grabbed a nearby painting board and some paints, turned his arm into a paintbrush and began painting. It was odd because Henry had never seen like the kind of guy to paint. But then again Henry could be hiding so much more that Ellie wouldn't know about.

After an hour, Henry left. Looking at the painting all Ellie saw was a collection of random items:a diamond, a top hat, a rose and a red stain. It didn't make any sense. What could this possibly mean?

Ellie decided to go in the direction she had seen Henry go. Hopefully she would find out what was going on.