Chapter 2: Test 41

Ellie's pov:

I walked down the white corridors of the executives portion of the toppat orbital station. It had been 7 months since I had joined and I had been getting promotions faster then I could complete my actual jobs. A lot of the higher ups respected me.

But you could not have guessed me being part of trials. They had been going on for 4 months now and were made to find a suitable right hand for the leader. Apparently he hadn't had a right hand in 6 years. 40 people had gone before me. Some mafia bosses, some high up most wanted in different regions of the world. Yet they all failed.

Then somehow the executives got word of my talent and for some reason I found myself becoming the next candidate as subject 41. After all I was a great member but being close to becoming the leader's right hand? Even my one of my friends in the lower V.I.P. (whose name I think was Burt Curtis or something) was amazed. And he is not only anti-social but also very emotionless.

Yet I found myself waiting in front of the test chamber. 'This is my one chance. One chance!' I thought to myself hoping to impress the higher ups. I breathed out as the door opened and entered.

Immediatly I was in a room that was all black. There was nothing. Then out of the ground came outputs made of shiny metal. They were being held by slits in the ground that were also black. I got out my pocket knife and my pistol ready for what was to come.

3rd person:

What Ellie didn't know was that behind one of the walls was a one way glass so the executives could see her skills. There was Reginald standing by the door. Next to him was Right Hand Man and on the opposite side of their room was Sven Svenson at the controls. He was to control the cutouts and make this task difficult.

And in the centre of the room standing in the middle of them all with the clearest view was the man himself. The mastermind behind it all.

Henry Stickmin.