Chapter 4: The party

It had been 2 months since Ellie had become the right hand lady and she was doing quite well. The leader's amount of work was significantly reduced. Ellie was able to handle the amount of work she was given. And it seemed like she would become a complete right hand.Then one day after a successful heist, the clan decided on a party. There would be many people there. These parties were quite an occasion. Plenty of fine drinks like wine and vodka. There was also a multitude of foods. Many clan members had cooking talent so there was everything from American burgers to Indian cuisines to even some Japanese sushi.

Everyone was excited for this event as they meant relaxing and less strict protocols. Plus a lot of members could interact with other members of the clan. It was a great social event. There was only 2 weeks of planning required and the party had everyone hyped up for many reasons: For some it was about being able to talk to the higher ups and potentially get promoted. Another was the stress. Many members found themselves working a lot to the point that they would get stressed out and agitated.

However Henry's reason for the parties was so that the clan would favour him. By "letting them go loose once in a while" he said." they would feel more relaxed with how they work within the clan". Plus it stopped them from rioting as " if one is high on alcohol they will not rebuke against you at all.". This meant Henry would have a firm grip on the clan without fear of being overthrown.
The day of the party came.

Ellie's pov:

I looked around the room for at least something good to wear. There was time of things in there but very few that could be worn at a social event. However just as was ready to give up I remembered the day I arrived at the clan I had bought a suitcase full of stolen dresses I had intended on selling then forgot about. I looked under my bed and pulled out the brown suitcase with black smears all over and opened it. Inside were a multitude of dresses. A lot of them were ever too big or too tight. Eventually I chose a dress that was light green with red streaks down the sides and a decent size. I decided that would be what I wear.

3rd person:

RHM grunted as he took drank a second bottles worth of vodka.

Reginald: Right stop. You've had enough!

RHM: Not until Henry(hiccup)gives up.(hiccup).

Henry meanwhile was at the other end of the table having challenged RHM to a drinking contest. The deal was that the loser would be roundhouse by the winner. And Henry had an advantage.

Henry: I (hiccup) will not give up twat. I will (hiccup) win this.

Reginald: That is enough from both of you. You both have had far too much.

Henry: Maybe he has but I'm (hiccup) just getting started.

He grabbed another bottle and without thinking doused down the entire thing. RHM did exactly the same. They both glared at each other before Right got 3 bottles of vodka, turned his arm into a large glass, poured them in and drunk it all. Henry did the same but with 5 bottles of vodka. The two glared at each other again before each gulping down some more bottles.

Ellie arrived and went over to where she knew her friends would be. However before got there she noticed something. A lot of clan members had gathered around the drinks table and it appeared some members may be having a drinking contest. It turned to be RHM and Henry trying to out drink each other. Next to them were a couple of bottles of what could only be vodka. Just as she got to the table RHM collapsed on the table and turned his hand into a white flag which was raised above his head.

Henry: Whoo hoo. No one can (hiccup) out drink me. Who's next!?

Everyone remained silent. No one dared make a noise. Then, one person spoke. "I am.".

Everyone looked at the red headed girl who had yelled out those words.