| 19 | I Need You

Kokichi POV
(Tw) arguing

  "Sooo what are you gonna do?" I asked Shuichi. We had gotten back home from watching the final episode of our season of Danganronpa. Everyone was a bit sad at first but then Kaede suggested that everyone should still meet on Wednesdays, just for the fun of it.

  "What do you mean?"

  "Are you gonna interview for the job or not?"

  Shuichi had told me that a detective agency reached out to him, saying he had potential for being a great detective. Of course I'm happy that he is getting an opportunity like this. Kaito said that job searching was stressful and hard. But Shuichi seems a bit hesitant.

  "I'm still not sure yet..." he sighed.

  "Why not?" I shifted in my seat. I made sure to put a small amount of seriousness in my voice to show that I care about this.

  "You know me Kokichi..." he sighed. "The detective agency isn't precisely a full 'only detective' agency. Sure I can get hired as a detective, but I could get moved around in departments. You know I can't make a good police officer...."

  "Have you really searched up on that place well?"

  "Kokichi. You know when I search something, I search that something."

  "Yeah, yeah," I rolled my eyes, chuckling. He's getting a little scary right now. "But think about it Shuichi. A good paying job like that doesn't just fall into your hands. And Danganronpa isn't gonna be paying for us anymore soon. It's a perfect opportunity."

  "Aren't you a little nervous in me taking that type of job?" He snarled, getting more irritated. "I am gonna risk my life. Wouldn't selling my books be a somewhat good job?"

  "You know you can still sell books Shuichi. It's not like your signing a contract that says 'I will now devote my life to being a part of the law and I will no longer have a personal life'."

  "Stop joking around Kokichi."

  "I'm not joking around. Use that big smart brain of yours!"

  "Aren't you supposed to be on my side all the time?"

  "I always am!"

  "Oh yeah, sure seems like it," he grumbled sarcastically.

  "Why are you getting so irritated? I'm just trying to open you up more to this idea. I want to make sure you choose the right decision...so just think a bit mor-,"

  "Kokichi! I've been thinking. Since I got that stupid request!" He exclaimed.

I jumped back slightly at his suddenly raised voice. "S-Shuichi..."

  "You are telling me to look at it from a different perspective! Why don't you look at it from a different perspective!"

  "Shuichi, you need to c-calm down a little...you're scaring me..."

  "Calm down? I am calm! I'm just frustrated at you for being a hypocrite!"

  "Y-you're mad at me...?"

  "Is it really that hard to see? Yes I'm mad at you! Why don't you get a job!? I don't need to get a job! We have enough money."

  "You're not serious right?" I nervously laughed. "I will get a job. This is not about that though. This is about you, you need to think about how great of an opportunity this job is. Also don't start saying we have enough money. If you really think that, then you're dumber than Kaito."