Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fᴏᴜʀ

Start from the beginning

"It's got to be a coincidence." She shook her head, glancing at her friends.

"No way.  It's totally her." Argued Lucas who had a smirk on his face.

They ate lunch then went outside with the rest of the students, soon hiding behind a chain link fence.

"There's no way that's Mad Max." Mike shook his head in disbelief.

"Yeah, girls don't play video games." Will added. Genie flicked him on the side of the head and he turned to face her, "You don't count."

"And even if they did, you can't get 750, 000 points on Dig Dug." Mike continued, "I mean, that's impossible!"

"But her name is Max." Protested Lucas.

"So?"

"So, how many Maxes do you know?"

"I don't know." Mike shrugged.

"Zero. That's how many." All five kept their eyes trained on the ginger as they talked.

"I mean it all adds up." Genie shrugged.

"Yeah, she shows up at school the day after someone with her same name breaks out top score. I mean, you kidding me?" Dustin said.

"Exactly. So she's gotta be Mad Max." Lucas and Dustin exchanged glances.

"And plus she skateboards, so she's pretty awesome." Dustin grinned.

"Awesome? You haven't even spoken a word to her." Mike argued.

"Come on, lighten up dude," Genie patted Mike on the shoulder, "Max does seem pretty cool."

"No she doesn't!"

"Yeah, she does, Mike, look at her- shit!" Dustin scanned the area where they last saw Max and frowned, "I've lost the target!"

"Oh, there!" Will turned to the left where Max was walking up the stairs to go inside. Before she opened the door, she dropped a crumpled up piece of paper into the trash can below.

The five quickly exchanged glances before hurrying over to the garbage. Dustin began rummaging through the trash while the other four awkwardly stood in front of him.

"Got it! There we go." Dustin exclaimed, uncrumpling the paper. It read in big bold writing,

Stop spying on me
CREEPS!

"I think she saw us." Genie muttered.

"No shit." Said Mike.

A voice came from behind the group making them all turn around, "William Byers, your mother is here."

Will glanced at Genie who gave him a reassuring smile.

"Genie, can you um..."

Genie knew Will didn't like walking through the halls alone so she nodded and walked after the principal with him.

The two walked through the hall with he principal following behind. As they went, eyes watched them.

"Genie." Will whispered, glancing at his friend.