Chapter 21: Bandits Attack!

Alan smiled before he controlled the tiger to move at the same pace as the other individuals who did not have a mount. If another opportunity to sell himself came again, he would have to let those at the back see him very well.

"So considerate"

"Alan has decided to ride with us in order to protect us"

"If only I could be like him"

Astonishment was visible in Alan's eyes. He had unintentionally sold himself even when he didn't mean to. Was he really so talented as such tactics?

Alan was no fool, he clearly knew about the political tensions between the clashing parties in a powerful faction such as the Divine Justice College. Hence he would make a name for himself among the disciples in order to increase his chances in becoming a powerful figure.

He had a basic understanding of the three great colleges by now. He had understood that graduating was not the most important thing when being enrolled. Instead it was holding an office before one graduated.

This way, not only would he get more resources, he would also be able to have a smooth passage into the upper administrations of the sect making him a valuable asset which sect would not willingly dispose of except they had no choice.

And for all these, the first step was to earn the respect of everyone; however Alan felt that it would take too much time so he had decided to sell himself as much as possible in front of the selected few to help him with his mission.

Kyro glanced at Alan and snorted inwardly. How could she not have known what he was up to? She would have done the same if she were thick skinned like him. However she had self respect and wouldn't stoop to such levels.

"Err... Blacky!" Alan yelled referring to the black haired youth who slowly turned around before speaking calmly.

"My name is Zinx"

"So how long would it take us to get to the Divine Justice College, everyone has been walking forever" Alan said indifferently.

He had been sitting comfortably on the back on his tiger but couldn't help but feel 'compassionate' towards the people who had tired expressions on their faces. After all, they had been walking for so long.

"We should arrive in a few hours" Zinx said making Alan curse at him inwardly.

Upon seeing the expression on Alan's face, Zinx smiled before he turned towards the distance and tugged on the fur that surrounded the body area of the Black Panther urging it to move.

Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh!

Three small daggers immediately landed on the path in front of Zinx making him have a shocked expression on his face. His greatest fears had come true, they had been attacked by bandits.

A scythe materialized from thin air and into his hand. A demonic aura was let off into the surroundings as he slashed with all his might.

Blue crescents appeared at the tip of the blade every time he swung the scythe making him look like a master wielding a heavenly treasure.

As soon as he swung his scythe for the fifth time, five dissected bodies suddenly appeared on the floor shocking everyone who was present. Well everyone except Alan whose eyes were filled with unlimited excitement.

Such an opportunity to sell himself was absolutely rare and he would not let it go to waste. The demon slaying sword immediately appeared on his hands as he rode the white tiger while fearlessly charging into the sea of figures that had been rapidly approaching them.

Whoosh!

He swung his sword which was followed by a crescent light instantly beheading a fifth layer aura discipleship realm cultivator. He then turned to his left and raised his sword up blocking a strike from another one before he stabbed at his chest instantly piercing his heart.

Alan looked at his front and saw six figures charging towards him. He held his sword tightly as he slashed. A hundred feet tall sword glow instantly materialized and slashed at them instantly dissecting their body.

An icy mist formed around Kyro before shaping into tens of arrows which shot out simultaneously injuring tens of bandits and killing a few.

A thin long sword immediately appeared on her hand as she swung out at two figures that were rapidly approaching her. Their swords collided as she sent a kick towards the figure making him stagger backwards. She then turned towards the other one and slashed at his head killing him instantly.

She turned to another direction and slashed out again. Ice glaciers had formed and pierced the throats of three figures that ran towards her.

Whoosh!

A hundred feet long sword glow materialized and slashed at five figures that were approaching Alan at an alarming rate. Their bodies were instantly dissected the moment they came into contact with the sword glow.