Past Lives (Kid AU) Pt. 1 - Chaekura

Mulai dari awal

Sakura, realizing she probably had time, stuck her hands in her pockets and sauntered up to Chaeyeon who looked happy that she could finally finish her drawing.

"Hi," mumbled Sakura, losing all of her swagger and cool when Chaeyeon smiled at her.

"Hi!" Chaeyeon picked up her paper and turned it around, showing it to Sakura. "Look!"

Sakura giggled and Chaeyeon joined her.

The picture was of her in a knight's uniform stabbing a very scary dragon-version of Ms. Yeom and Chaeyeon in a tower.

"You're a good drawer," said Sakura shyly.

"Thanks." Chaeyeon was all confidence with her toothy, yet front-tooth lacking smile. "I can make it better, though. Watch."

Sakura's eyes widened as Chaeyeon tensed her fingers and made a pulling motion and somehow, the drawing was pulled out of the paper. A tiny Sakura battled a squiggly dragon and little Chaeyeon watched lovingly from her tower.

With another flick of her fingers, Chaeyeon made the drawings retreat back into the paper, still once again.

"How'd you do that?" Sakura asked incredulously.

Chaeyeon smiled, proud of herself. "It's magic. I've only showed my sister, but I can only do one trick a day. It's like I have a special amount of powers per day and once I use them up, I have to wait for the next day. So be happy - that's all I can show you today."

"Woah." Sakura stared, amazed, until she remembered the task at hand. "Should we escape? The dragon is distracted."

"Yeah." Chaeyeon hopped down and took Sakura's tiny hand in her own small fingers. "Ready?"

"Come on, we can go to the older kids playground."

The two girls ran, stopping to hide behind bushes and trees, both laughing whenever Sakura knocked over a chair or bumped into a pole.

When they made it to a safe spot under the slide, they sat down, criss-cross.

"Why did Ms. Yeom take away your crayon?" Sakura asked, whispering.

"She said that girls can't save girls," Chaeyeon whispered sadly. "She said that the knight has to be a boy and the princess has to be a girl." Chaeyeon wrinkled her nose. "I don't know, though. The only boys I've met are Jeongin and Hyunjin and yesterday, Jeongin rescued Hyunjin and even if he didn't, Hyunjin is always a prince. He puts on a crown and a fluffy cape and orders people around. Anyways, boys are too gross."

Sakura gave her a crooked half-smile. "Well, my daddy says that love is love."

Chaeyeon's smile got brighter and then it dimmed again. "Your dad sounds nice. My mum says that girls have to like boys and boys have to like girls. She yelled at Hyunjin and Hyunjin's teacher yesterday and now she's mean like Ms. Yeom."

Sakura pouted. "Then we all need to run away. We can get Yujin and Wonyoung and Jeongin and Hyunjin and..."

"Eunbi and Hyewon and Hitomi and Chaeryeong and Yena."

"Yeah, and we can all run away! We can steal all the snacks from the classroom and take pencils to throw!"

"We can make clothes out of flowers and leaves like fairies!"

"We can have pet birds! My daddy won't let me get a bird." Sakura frowned.

"We can have a hundred birds!"

"And girls can save girls and boys can be princes." Sakura's smile got bigger. "But Hyunjin can't be the king. You should be the queen."

"Queen of what?" Chaeyeon cocked her head playfully.