七十

dance with me - beabadoobee

"woooo!"

minghao screamed at the top of his lungs, his head hanging out of the rolled-down car window. the wind violently blew through his hair, yet still it wasn't able to beat the smile off his face. a lively tune blasted through the car's radio as they drove through the mountains, enjoying the breath-taking view from the landscape around them.

an early autumn sun stood midst a clear blue horizon, shining upon their faces and clearing the thin layer of fog that still hung low above the surface of the road. and it was then when junhui realized, minghao wasn't in a need of therapy any longer.

his company combined with the things they were experiencing together were more than enough to cure the boy from all his insecurities and sorrows that had him chained to the ground for way too long.

the only thing junhui was able to see every time he glanced beside him to the boy in passengers seat was an angel with fixed wings, who had been taught how to fly again. a teen who was able to celebrate his youth again. a boy who found his home.

a home within junhui, the boy who he had met through a hospital residence; doc's lake house. the long awaited destiny of their journey.

it felt as if they hadn't visited the place in ages, while in reality it had only been less than a week. just a small few days ago junhui had been brought to the hospital where he had experienced his last final moments. but where he had eventually awoken from what felt like a deep slumber.

and from that moment, everything in both their lives had gone upwards on the fastest pace they could have ever wished for.

minghao had received the news that he no longer had the duty of participating in his usual schedule. he was allowed to break the contract he had signed a couple of years ago and live a life like any other normal citizen. or better said, like a boy from his age. performances and large events were no longer his daily activities now he was finally able to spend his days in an apartment on the third floor of a building.

moments like these, driving in a car at full speed, sticking his head out of a window to scream along with what his heart told him, being so utterly in love that verbal words weren't able to explain that specific feeling, were the ones minghao had wished for all his life long. and just when he was about to give up, when his life had hit rock bottom and he got locked-up in a place he never even wanted to be in the first place, junhui decided to step into his life.

and of course, they first had to overcome a number of difficulties. yet here they were, doing all those things with the two of them. most of all, living their lives to the fullest.

for now, barely any words needed to be spoken. it was just the two occupants in the said vehicle. junhui driving on a fast pace and minghao, the usually calm boy's, obnoxiously loud screaming. it was simply one of those moments they revel in, where they were able to feel like the protagonist of their very own story.

"we're free!" was one of the things minghao repetitively screamed, confirming that single phrase over and over again. "jun! we're free!"

and junhui could do nothing more but to stare at his boyfriend, filled with genuine happiness, screaming the most beautiful things at the top of his lungs.

and minghao was right; they were finally free.