Chapter 58

Klaus's POV
After Caroline left, there is one more thing I need to do. Now that I know Aurora's plan, I'm getting even more nervous about the court date.

I hear a knock on the door and it snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Come in!" I command and it opens and I see Kol.

"Morning brother. I got the paperwork from Stefan. He had Lexi bring them over to me." Kol admits to me.

"Just lay them here." I tell him and he does.

"What's wrong with you? You seem tired and more stressed then usually." Kol questioned me.

"N-Nothing." I say to him rather quickly.

"Come on Nik. I'm not like Elijah. Just tell me." Kol insisted and I sigh.

"If I'm honest, I'm nervous." I admit to him.

"About Aurora?" He asked and I nod. "Don't worry about her. Stefan is on our side and he is giving us classified information. You're gonna win." Kol says to me.

"I'm also worried about Caroline." I also admit to him.

"She will be fine to. See look if you are that worried about her, I'll.....return her back to you." Kol says and I give him a eye brow raise.

"Since when she was yours?" I questioned him.

"I guess she was never mine when you broke up with her but I can try to convince Caroline to come back to you tonight." He admits to me.

"It's alright, we still have to pretend that we are not together." I say to him.

"Alright then." Kol says as he turns around to walk to the door.

"Kol wait!" I call out to him.

"Thank you for taking care of her and......make sure she is safe." I tell him and Kol turns around.

"Of course." He says and I nod. "Wait. I actually have something to say. What if I told you that I also love her? Would you be mad?" Kol questioned me and I sigh.

"No." I admit to him.

"I do love her but I know she loves you." He says to me.

"Well I'm glad you know." I say to him. "Are you trying to tell me that you are going to chase after her?" I questioned him and Kol chuckles a bit.

"That would make me a bad brother but considering the prize.......Caroline is worth it." He says and now I am chuckling.

"So... you want to be with her?" I asked him as I walk towards him.

"I'll only go after if she is wants me to. I'm not going after because you don't want me to, it's because of her." Kol tells me and Kol begins to walk out of my office.

______
It's only an hour left of work but I still have much stuff to do. Everything is all on a time crunch right now and I still feel like I'm not getting through anything.

I hear a knock on my door and it opens. I see it's Elena coming in.

"Elena." I say.

"Klaus, someone is here to see you." Elena says and I see Elijah coming in.

"Elijah?" I say standing up.

"Let's talk." He says.

"Elena please leave us." I tell her.

"Of course." She says and she closes the door behind Elijah.

"So when we're you gonna tell me?" Elijah questioned me.

"You sound like mother." I tell him as I sit down.

"It was rather her or father and how he would beat you." Elijah reminds me.

"What do you want?" I questioned him.

"I just want to make sure that you don't ruin the Mikaelson name. What I found out from Kol could end badly for you and for all of us." Elijah reminds me.

"I know what I am doing. I don't need you lecturing me." I say to him.

"You say that but I always come and help you when things get out of hand." Elijah reminds me and I roll my eyes

"This time I won't need you. I have everything planned out." I tell him but Elijah just gives me a glare.

"I'm warning you Niklaus. Why do you always push everyone away when they are trying to help you? And this Caroline girl, is she even worth it all?" Elijah questions me and I look at him.

"Yes. She is." I answer him.

"I'll be at the court room next week. I hope your so call plan works." Elijah informs me as he storms out of my office.

I didn't want to show face through Elijah. I didn't want to show him any form of weakness or show him anything that I can't handle it.

                                            *****
I finish work and got my things ready. I see Caroline with Kol again as she heads her way to his car. I see Kol opening the door for her like a gentleman would abs before she steps in, Caroline turns her head towards my direction.

She gives me a faint smile and I do the same as I give her a wave goodbye. She eventually looks away and hops into Kol's car. I watch them drive off before I get to the limo.

I hear my phone buzz and I take it out of my pocket to see it's a text from Caroline.

Caroline- If you want to make it up to me, take me horse back riding again after you win at court.

I smile at the text shove my phone back in my pocket.

So....how do I start? Hi! I'm back! It's been almost 3 months since my last update back in April. Many things and changes happened but I have one promise for all of you. I will finish this book before I start college. So get ready for the updates 😆 I love you guys