10 • Banter

°• Morning •°

Rolling and shuffling in my bed, I felt a warmth touch my face and shine through my shut eyes. I got up and yawned, rubbing my eyes awake.

"Wildest dream I've ever had." I said unaware of Vox's presence.

"Yeah." Out of shock, I turned to Vox, completely forgetting he was here. "Such a wild dream, huh~?"

"Yep, all a dream!" I exclaimed, racing out of bed and down the stairs. I heard Vox's laughter echo down the stairs as well.

"Oh! So that's what your doing! All a silly dream?" He yelled.

"Yep and it was terrible!" I yelled back, turning on the kettle in the kitchen. "If only this was a Saturday, I could be drinking this away..." I mumbled to myself.

"I can make today a Saturday." Jumping of my shock, Vox stood, leaning by the doorframe in one of my warm gowns.

"Can we just-" I pointed at the coffee and the chair close to the kitchen bench. Vox rolled his eyes with a smirk and sat to drink his coffee. Naturally, I had my fill, calling Vark and the girls over for their breakfast which I'd already prepared.

Fixing each of them a bowl, Vox just had to break the peaceful silence. "You just gonna ignore everything that happened-"

"Yep." I said, hastily. Finishing up Vark's bowl.

When I turned to Vox, his eyes widened and a big smile spread across his face. "You loved it, didn't!?" He shouted.

My face turned red as I fought back. "No." Vox began to wriggle his eyebrows at me, gesturing sex positions with his hands. "Stop that!" I slapped his hands.

"Don't worry, we can keep this between us. Plus I think we can both agree, last night isn't over~" It was painful when he was right. I really need that 'relief' especially after all the work and drama on the media.

Groaning, I look back at Vox smiling at me while sipping his coffee. "Also..." He started, voice much quieter and softer. "You gotta admit...last night was nice. Just the two of us, no hustle or anything."

He...wasn't wrong. A small part of me wants to sleep with him again but there are so many reasons why we shouldn't, one of them being an overlord.

"Yeah..." I mumbled, quietly.

Vox walked over towards me, mug in hand and wrapped his arms around me from behind. "It's so nice when you agree with me. We should definitely do this more often."

I locked eyes with Vox and whispered in his ear. "No." Confusing him, I thrusted him away with my hips.

"Now, get ready I have a job to do and you have Valentino to deal with." I rushed out of the kitchen to the hallway.

"Wait a second. You said his name right?! Have you known the whole time!" Vox yelled.