6 • Blocked

"Let me guess...Valentine?" I asked.

"It's Valentino." Vox said, bluntly.

"I'm not good with rich people names." I replied.

He snickered at my comment but I genuinely don't know or remember the names of most overlords.

Awkward silence quickly makes it way into the room as we both try to think up something to say.

Until Vox decides to communicate with Valentino. Pulling out his phone, I exit to the kitchen to avoid the drama that was to come.

•°1 hour later°•

An hour had passed and I made two homemade bubble teas since I got the time and skill, looking upon the teas.

My bubble tea had a yellow and blue gradient colour with ice cubes and crystal pearls, swirling at the bottom.

The second glass that was made for Vox, just in case, starting with a mint leaf for decoration. His drink had a bright blue glow with red and white jelly cubes floating at the bottom.

"How am I single?" I asked myself. Shaking my head while thinking about it. As I waited for the yelling to calm down, I finally re-entered the room with my bubble tea in hand.

"Everything good, chief?" Vox grumbles to himself, giving me no response.

"Fucking bitch...blocking me left, eight and centre..." I hear Vox whisper to himself.

Sitting beside him with legs crossed and arm leaning on my couch, I sat and stared at him. The emptiness of my glass began to annoy and take affect.

Vox slowly turned his head towards me with a blank expression. Hint of annoyance, too.

He started to become amused and impressed with how long I could suck my straw. Smiling, he chuckled a little and asked.

"You got some tea for me?" He asked.

"Literally, been waiting for you in the kitchen...the whole time." I grin.

"You know me so well." He huffed while getting up. I follow.

Arriving at the kitchen, Vox brings his glass close to him, admiring the glow. "You sure this is gonna make me glow?" He said, jokingly.

"Vox." I paused. "Your head is a computer screen. What more glow do you need?" I commented with dramatic undertones.

We both turn to see critters enter the room, my girls and Vark. They circle us, playfully. Unknowingly, Vox and I play along and enjoy ourselves.

Suddenly, Vark pushes Vox towards me and as I tried to back away, I'm betrayed by my girls nudging me into Vox.

Surprised and confused, we both faced each other, real close... closer than preferred. I watch Vox's innocent shocked face turn into devilish grin instantly.

I felt his arm sliver around my waist as he pulled me closer, witnessing him wriggle his eyebrows at me. Unprepared, I became flustered and instinctively acted upon the moment.

"HOLD UP!" I screamed, pushing Vox's chest.