Chapter 8: ᚹᚨᚱᚱᛁᛟᚱ

Hiccup's POV

Going to the Defenders of the Wing was a bad idea at first, but we all made amends at the end. The Queen of the Defenders of the Wing Mala thought we are Dragon Hunters, but when she finds out that Astrid and I are Dragon Royals, she apologizes to us for their actions. And later, one of the members Throk gave us the lens and told us that he found it on the west side of their island. We were about to leave when Mala asked us to stay for the night, and we are very pleased with it and so on. And I had to comment to Queen Mala that I am mates with Astrid since I found out that she wants me to be her King by my kindness thanks to Snotlout since he told Astrid about their marriage the day they left Berk. Back to work, we and Mala are in the meeting room with the Dragon Eye in my hand. After I replaced the lens, Toothless lit it up to see a projection of a dragon. A Sharp Class Dragon, around it, is a group of winged shieldmaidens and smaller dragons. Probably those are babies. I twist the Dragon Eye to find the next riddle.

тнε หεxт płคcε ¡ร ωнεяε ყσu тคкε ค тя¡p
ωнεяε ყσu ƒ¡หd ค мσтнεя яคzσяωн¡p

σหłყ ωσмεห cσułd ƒłყ тσ тнε¡я łคหd
ωнσ ¡ร guคяdεd Ъყ σหε คหσтнεя нคหd

тнε ω¡หgмค¡dεหร คяε คłωคყร pяσтεcт¡หg
тнε мσтнεя яคzσяωн¡p คหd нεя нคтcнł¡หgร

"Wingmaidens? Looks like your female friends must go there alone to retrieve the lens," Mala said. "Mala's right, because I believed that the Wingmaidens are all women," Fishlegs said. "Oh, dear. This would be very difficult to get in without the boys coming with us, I mean, Astrid, Ruffnut, Mom, and I are the girls and woman here," Hannah said. "It's true, but I know that it was the rules in the Wingmaidens Island. If us boys get in there, we will be food to the babies," I said. "Then, I guess this leaves us no choice," Mom said. After we said goodbye to the Defenders of the Wing, we took off as we Dragonwalkers follow the scent to find the next lens.

The riders and I are on the sea stack seeing the Wingmaidens Island. I pulled out my spyglass to see what was there, and I knew it. Women everywhere. I could see on their backs that there are baby Razorwhips on them. Why would they have them on their backs? And what happened to their mothers? "Find anything?" I heard Astrid asked me behind. "The lens never lies. There are women on that island. Also, I was so curious why are the baby Razorwhips are on their backs," I said handing out my spyglass to her so she could check it out on her own. "Alright, girls. You know what to do," I said to our feminine riders. The female riders nodded as they mounted their dragons and Ruffnut was with Astrid on Luna. Astrid handed me back my spyglass before they took off. I hope they're okay.

Astrid's POV

We girl riders take a glide through the clouds when we heard an unknown feminine voice. "What a beautiful Night Fury," We looked down to see a woman in winged armor and no dragon below us examine my dragon before she joins us on a flight. "And I've never seen about that dragon before ever since they were extinct," The woman said. "Well, actually, Luna is a Light Fury. I had her when she got shot down. And I'm not sure how did she end up in our home," I explained stroking Luna and the girl riders agreed. "I am Atali. We are not here to harm you but to ask how it is to find yourselves in our island's borders," The woman said as the two other women join us. "Well, we know that you guys are the Wingmaidens, and we know that you are protecting the mother and her hatchlings. But the main reason we came here is that we are looking for something known as the Night Fury-themed Dragon Eye lens because it was a key piece to find and unlock a tribe that was vanished after the dragon war several decades ago," Hannah explained. "I understand your statement, and we would have the honor to help you find the lens," Atali said. "Thank you. We are very pleased," I said as we fly towards their island.