She chose to let it go and to continue with her activities. She finished undressing herself and slowly got into the bath, putting her headphones on and making it easier to be unconscious of something else's presence in the house.

She heard a stronger noise coming from the kitchen even though she had loud music playing, so this time she got out from the bath and dried herself, putting a towel around her body. Once she turned around to clean the mirror and look at her reflection her heart stopped for a second and she felt the urge to scream, but her body didn't seem to respond to her orders.

The same sentence she had heard the night of the incident was written on the mirror, perfectly readable. Let me in.

She stayed paralyzed for God knows how long, hearing the voice she once had feared echoing inside her head, not knowing anymore if it was product of her imagination or if it was actually there, haunting her.

A lot of bad thoughts filled her mind headed by the one of not being alone. She felt more afraid than ever, even more than the night when everything happened. She was alone now, she wasn't with her friends, she didn't have anyone to defend her, and that scared her to death.

It took all her willpower to clean the mirror and put her clothes on as fast as she could do. Then, she opened the door abruptly and turned on every light she found. Darkness was the last thing she wanted in that moment.

She went to the kitchen and grabbed a knife she thought she could use in case something went wrong. Then she shouted with an insecure voice:

"If this is some kind of joke it isn't funny!" She waited for another signal but nothing happened. "I have already called the police and I have a knife I won't doubt in using it!" She lied.

The light of the room started to flicker. Leah looked over her shoulder and watched how the lamp hanging from the ceiling was going crazy. She stared at it for a while, waiting for it to stop. It didn't.

Leah's insecurity made her an easy target and even the slightest movement could send chills all over her body.

She kept looking at the lamp until it exploded with a horrid blast, spreading pieces of glass all over the kitchen. That's when Leah reacted and ran up the stairs looking for her phone with the aim of calling the police although it was useless.

All the lights in the house started to flash as the one in the kitchen, making Leah grow her anxiety. "This is not real, this is not real." She repeated to herself.

Her shaky fingers tried to deal the number but right in that moment she felt a cold breathe on the back of her neck. "Let me in," the voice spoke.

It was hardly audible, but it embraced her body and made her shiver. "Get out of my head, you're not real."

"Let me in," the voice repeated, this time more evident, nearer, that she could distinguish the voice of a young male.

Leah fell onto the ground and covered her head with her arms, closing her eyes strongly. "Go away!"

"You should have stayed," the voice reproached her in a mocking tone.

This is a dream, she thought, I have to wake up. She still could hear his voice like it was actually there, but it was stupid, right? Things like that didn't happen in real life. Ghosts and demons didn't exist in the real world, where she belonged to. It was impossible, wasn't it? Everyone knew that ghosts didn't exist, so it wasn't actually real. The world was much simpler than that. One simple world in which people's biggest fear was the meanness of the human race.

"You should have obeyed," he whispered.

"Wake up, Leah."

He was close to her, she could feel it. "You should have known better."

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!" She punched herself, not opening her eyes.

"Do you know any riddles, Leah?" The calmed voice asked. "Ah, I love riddles."

"Get out of my head."

"But I can't, this is real." He said laughing. "Everyone has it but no one can lose it, what is it?"

"Go away, please." She begged.

"Answer it." The boy demanded.

"What do you want from me?"

"Everyone has it, Leah," he repeated, "but no one can lose it."

"I don't know..."

"Oh, yes, you know."

"I don't know!"

"You should have known, Leah!" He raised his voice just to scare her even more. "LET ME IN!"

That was all it took for her to open her eyes and scream. She looked at the figure in front of her and screamed like she had never screamed before. She couldn't see much due to the lack of light in the room, but she saw how a smirk on his face was formed.

After releasing all the air in her lungs, Leah fainted.