Step 14. Run away from the cold hard truth (quite literally)

Start from the beginning

Karlissa Smith
1 January (11 am)

I wake up to my phone blasting with the ringtone, I know all too well

Hehe, all too well. Taylor swift

I open my eyes and expect to see lev but he's nowhere to be seen

I furrow my brows

Did he leave? Did he regret last night? Was he drunk when he came over last night?

I remember my phone and go to pick it up

"Hello?" I ask groggily

"Bitch where are you?!" Delilah yells

I sit up lazily "what?"

"We have been waiting at the airport for 30 minutes Karlissa! Where are you?!"

Then I remember.

"Aw shit, I overslept! I'm so sorry Delilah. Can you take an uber please?" I facepalm

"Idiot-" she gets cut off by another voice from behind.

"Who?" She asks

The voice speaks up again and then she speaks into the phone.

"Hey is lev blonde with blue eyes? And is wearing a blue sweatshirt with white jeans?"

Lev?

"I don't know about his clothes but yes he's blonde and has blue eyes, why?"

"Well there's a guy standing at the gate with a sign saying 'Delilah and Nathan from LA"

Oh, that's the sign I made for them. I wrote Nathan because I wanted to act like Delilah said she was bringing her other boyfriend Nathan.....

I know I'm sooooo eviiillll

"Yeah that's lev, let me talk to him"

I hear some shuffling and some mumbles about 'who's Nathan?' And then I finally hear his voice.

"Hey, don't worry. I woke up early and saw you were sleeping peacefully and decided to pick them up."

Hearing his voice settles a bittersweet feeling in my stomach. I'm happy to hear him but sad because I know we still need to talk about our relationship.

"Listen don't overthink anything alright? Everything is gonna be okay."

I love how he knows me and my habits

"Thank you" I smile.

I can just see his smile too "you're welcome. Now get ready and meet us in the lobby"

Oh right, Delilah and Niall are staying in my hotel

"Ok see you"

"Bye" he says softly and hangs up

I sit and stare at a wall for 5 minutes and think about what lev has done for me in such a short period of time

Maybe I should give him a chance....

No! You'll be left heartbroken again. Remember what happened with Liam?

But lev isn't Liam. He's caring and gentle

True but feelings change. Maybe when I leave, he will finally understand that his feelings weren't all that real and then I will be stuck with real feelings and a broken heart.

I finally stand up and go take a quick shower and change.