Everyone took off on their brooms and (y/n) was ahead. She was quick, and so light. It was as if she was a feather. I looked down at Dahlia and she was watching (y/n) with a smirk on her face. I decided to go faster, speeding past everyone and I was only a foot behind (y/n).

We went around the pitch a few times then Dahlia called us back down The whole time (y/n) stayed ahead. She was peaceful about it. She wasn't aggressive or competitive, it was easy for her. She's pretty good for a muggle-born.

"Good job, everyone!" Dahlia clapped. "Let's try a practice game. Riding a broom is easy for most people, so I need to see your skills in action. Get in a line and I'll split you up into two teams."

I was on a team 1 with Marlene (beater), Robin Emerson (beater), Kelly Quartz (keeper), Janelle Hudson (chaser), Eddie Wright (chaser), and William Turner (seeker).

Team 2 had Padfoot (beater), Hope Anderson (beater), Noah Rosenbloom (keeper), Hannah Pierce (chaser), Charlotte May (chaser), Ashton Sky (chaser), and (y/n) (seeker).

"Now that we have our two teams, everyone get in their positions." Dahlia yelled and everyone did as she told. She released the bludgers and the snitch. Dahlia looked at all of us, "Good luck." She said, and tossed the quaffle in the air. The game started.

I noticed William stayed low to the ground, while (y/n) flew above us all. I then put all of my focus on the game.

(Y/N)'s pov

I stayed above. I learned that staying high is a technique in my 2nd year when everyone was focused on the game, I had the advantage of searching above and then shooting down when I spot the snitch. It was a common technique, but William had a different plan. I suppose, searching below and moving upward is a good idea. But accelerating upward on a broom requires more strength.

The game continued. So far my team had 90 and the other team had 110. James was good, but I didn't focus on him that much. My eyes searched the pitch then I heard a small buzz pass by my ear.

'Snitch.' I thought.

I started to focus harder, but I tried my best not to make it obvious. Then, over by one of the Hufflepuff stands, I saw a small gold snitch flying around. I looked over at William and he was looking at me. I gave him a quick, competitive glare and then zoomed towards the Hufflepuff stand. William did the same. We were side-by-side chasing after the snitch now.

"(Y/n)! Look out!" Ashton yelled. I looked away from the snitch for a quick second and a bludger was coming right at me.

"Sirius!" I called out, then Sirius whacked the bludger towards Kelly. I put all of my focus on the snitch. Then I had a sort of sense that something was coming towards me. I quickly swooped down and then BAM! A bludger hit William and I watched as he fell to the ground. I looked back at the snitch but it was...gone? I looked around. I finally noticed that the snitch was only a few inches above the ground. Going down on a broom can be very challenging, it can be dangerous. But...there is one way.

"This is one stupid crazy idea." I huffed. I then aimed my broom downward and I heard gasps from above. I was going down super fast, like how fast a meteorite would pass the earth. I then pulled my broom up, making it balanced and then leaped off of my broom. I heard muttering around me and a few more gasps. I suddenly felt something in my hand so I tightened my grip and I rolled on the floor. I stopped rolling and laid flat on my back with the widest smile on my face. I let out a sigh of relief. I stayed flat then looked over at my right hand that was still holding something. I opened my hand. The snitch.

"Yeah!" Sirius cheered and everyone (including the other team) cheered. I stayed on my back and then looked over at Dahlia with a jaw dropped expression.

"That was a little intense for a practice game." I joked and she just clapped. James flew down towards me and got off his broom.

He reached his hand out to me. "Not bad, (y/n)."

"Of course it wasn't bad." I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up, "I'm brilliant." I smirked and he just chuckled. I looked over at William. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Somewhat. I'll live though." He shrugged.

"Wow! That was amazing! Insane, but amazing." Dahlia clapped. "You're not hurt, are you?"

"I'm fine."

"I think I know our team members. Gather around!" She yelled. Some people landed on the ground and sat on the field, others stayed on their brooms. "Okay! Keeper is Kelly Quartz, the beaters are Sirius Black and Marlene McKinnon, the chasers are Janelle Hudson, James Potter, and I. And the seeker is (y/n) (l/n)." People cheered for one and other. "Good job all of you! Thank you all so much for trying out! I'll decide our substitute players, but I'll update you guys about that some other time. Now go change."

~~~

Marlene, James, Sirius, and I were leaving the quidditch pitch together.

"(Y/n)!" Someone yelled from behind. We all turned around and saw Galton.

"We should go." James smirked.

"I see the other Viragos and the other Marauders ahead, we'll catch up with them. See you later, (y/n)." Marlene winked and they walked away.

"Hey Galton." I gave a small smile.

"That was unbelievable! I've never seen someone play like that! What you did was very unsafe, but I'm glad you're not hurt. Gryffindor house has a big advantage with you on their team." Galton said enthusiastically.

I chuckled, "Thanks. Do you play quidditch?"

"Oh no. It's not for me. Physically. I enjoy the game but, physically, it's not for me."

"Why were you watching the Gryffindor tryouts? Are you a spy for the Hufflepuff team?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"Actually, I heard you played quidditch back at Ilvermorny, so I thought I should watch for support."

My eyebrow dropped and I smiled. "That's sweet."

"I am a Hufflepuff." He shrugged.

"Well I'm going to go back to my dorm. See you around." I waved.

"See you."

A/N: I had to mention your quidditch skills at one point. Also sorry for the wait :/ I don't really know how to describe quidditch (or explain/describe anything in general), but I hope you people enjoyed it. I don't like the ending that much and sorry if there are a few mistakes. I also realized how long this story will be in total because I have 19 chapters and we're still in your 1st month of Hogwarts. I have ideas for the next (maybe 50) chapters. Thank you for reading and I love you!!!