six | "think about it, hoseok, have you ever truly known me?"

Comenzar desde el principio

"Jungkook, did you already make the poor Prince cry?"

Hoseok's head turned automatically to the sound of Jimin's voice, though his eyes remained cast down. He couldn't bear to see the look on the vampire's face at seeing him cry. Hoseok wished he could put on a brave face at times like these and ignore the ravaging emotions tearing his insides. He'd always been more on the sensitive side, but he didn't know why he was crying either. It had happened out of nowhere, and to be frank, Hoseok felt perfectly fine.

"Don't hide your tears from me, Your Highness," Jimin smiled mockingly. "I've always loved seeing royalty completely helpless. Completely soothes my soul."

Jungkook clicked his tongue. "Jimin, you shouldn't mess around with him. He's confused and knows nothing of what's going on."

"Jungkook, you've always been a stickler for the rules," Jimin huffed. "Hoseok's human. He's my specialty. You know I cannot resist a walking temptation."

"Well, you best figure it out, or Yoongi's going to have a hissy fit," Jungkook commented, eyes shifting back to Hoseok. "Besides, you aren't supposed to play with food."

"F-food?" Hoseok squeaked, causing laughter from Jimin.

"Relax, Prince Jung," Jimin answered, grinning widely. "My brother would not hesitate to kill me if I so much as tried to lay a finger on you. It's a shame, though. You smell wonderful. A little bit on the rancid side, yes, but that was his doing— makes it so that us vampires know not to drink your blood."

Hoseok didn't know whether to smile or remain silent. He didn't know what to do. He wasn't crying anymore, which was a good thing— a win in this hopeless situation. He did find it rather odd that he'd gone from tears to calm in a span of a couple of seconds. He didn't even feel the confusion that he had felt at the beginning, and though he knew his eyes were probably red from crying, Hoseok felt as if he were having a chat with friends, even though that clearly wasn't the case.

It also didn't escape him that he began to feel like this once Jimin had entered the room.

"You can subdue humans?" Hoseok asked, raising a brow. Jimin's cocky expression broke for a split second, confusion and shock leeching at the corners, before resuming his former expression.

"Guess the Prince isn't just looks." Jimin hummed, nodding approvingly. "Humans are my specialty. You saw it at your wedding. As long as there is a heart beating in your chest, your life and everything that comes with it— emotions, thoughts, actions, are mine. I can overwhelm your emotions to the point of mental disillusionment, or I can make you feel safe beyond recognition. I am keeping you calm as of now. Think of it as a welcoming present. You'll have plenty of time to panic later."

"What he fails to mention is that he has to be in close proximity for his ability to work." Jungkook cut in, rolling his eyes. "He can't control you from afar. Sure, he can extend his abilities, but it'll leave him in a more vulnerable state."

So Purebloods aren't all that powerful.

Jimin shook his head. "No, Hoseok, we are that powerful. Proximity is key, but I can decimate thousands with a quick snap of my fingers. If the circumstances require it, I use my soulmate's energy to amplify mines. I do have limitations, though."

Hold on.

Had Jimin read Hoseok's mind?

Jungkook noticed Hoseok's suddenly shocked expression. Jimin nodded, flashing Hoseok a bright smile before his eyes glowed green once more, and Hoseok felt relaxed. Jungkook rolled his eyes at Jimin's actions before speaking.

"He can read any human's movements. Don't worry, though; he can't control your blood." Jungkook responded, almost smugly. "Any organs, systems, he can't control. That is where Namjoon and I come in. Your nerves, your systems, they belong to me. Namjoon controls blood, but that's not nearly as fun."

It struck Hoseok odd how nonchalant Jimin and Jungkook were speaking to him. Here they were, giving Hoseok information of stuff he had never known. As Crown Prince, he probably should have known at least the basics, but his father had been adamant in delaying the relaying of information, relying instead on Seokjin, who was more than happy to keep his fiancé, Hoseok, out of harm's way. Hoseok hadn't minded; of course, he knew that he'd learn everything in due time. Still, being knowingly fed information by his enemies was unusual. It was weird.

It felt strange to formally call Jungkook an enemy. There was no doubt in Hoseok's mind now that Jungkook wasn't human. Now that he knew that for sure, everything had started making sense. Jungkook was always on the vampire side of town, knew the Purebloods, soothed and comforted Hoseok, assured him nothing would happen.

The fact of the matter was, Jungkook had managed to infiltrate and get away with it. Now, Hoseok was here, trapped, with no way to escape.

It still didn't explain why Hoseok still felt that familiarity. There was still a part of him that refused to admit that Jungkook wasn't his best friend. Memories felt like they surfaced, though they were always blurry. Hoseok knew, though, in his gut, that it was Jungkook in his childhood. Yet, Jungkook had immediately denied it, saying that they were strangers— enemies, instead.

"You have to thank Yoongi for that," Jimin said nonchalantly. "But, that is a story for another time. I came in here because Yoongi requested our presence. We're having dinner. Clothes should be delivered to Hoseok within the hour. It'll give him time to freshen up before having his first official dinner with us."

Jungkook nodded, standing up. He took a long look at Hoseok before saying, "Don't think about escaping, Jung. We'll know if you do."

"If you do, though, just know it'll make hunting you that much more fun," Jimin grinned maniacally. Hoseok noticed the glint of Jimin's fangs pointing out as the vampire ran his tongue across them, almost mockingly. Jungkook, on the other hand, pressed his lips together at Jimin's seeming immaturity, casting another glance at Hoseok, who remained unmoving.

"We'll leave you alone now," Jungkook remarked, already moving towards the door. "The Purebloods and I will see you in an hour's time. Do not be late."

"Also," Jimin added. "Expect your emotions and thoughts to overwhelm you once I take my leave. I apologize for that in advance."

With that, Jimin and Jungkook left Hoseok to deal with his human weaknesses, though one spark ignited all the rest. Hoseok would be lying if he said that he wasn't struck curious. The information he'd received had been overwhelming, the shock of Jungkook's betrayal had seized his heart now, but there was a strange feeling that lay there, one that had him wondering what was to come.

Escape would come later. He was at an incredible disadvantage currently, but if he could figure out information from his enemy, maybe he had a sliver chance of being able to leave and get back to Seokjin.

No doubt Seokjin and his father were already trying to figure out where Hoseok was and a way to get him out. But, right now, Hoseok had to rely on himself. It was him versus the Purebloods and the other vampires, who very clearly wanted him to comply. Perhaps he was cynical in his thoughts, and the probability of him being so was only making him warier.

My thoughts aren't safe.

With a sigh, he rose from the bed, forcing all these emotions down as he trudged to the bathroom in the quarters of the room he was in. There'd be time to panic later. They wanted him to panic, to feel overwhelmed, Hoseok was sure of it, and he wouldn't let them feel that satisfaction.

Hoseok would get out, one way or another.

a/n: i finished all of my immediate work today so i have lots of free time. went to the park and now i'm home (ish) so we out here. 

thanks for reading!