Unwanted attention

Raylen's POV

The loud ringing of the alarm pierced my ears, rudely awakening me. Ugh, I despised that alarm, but it was an unfortunate gift from my mom. Despite her warnings, I stubbornly resisted getting a traditional alarm clock, and now here I am, rolling my eyes at the incessant noise.

After managing my morning routine, I headed downstairs and greeted my mom. "Hey, Mom."

"Hey, sweetie. You took a long time getting ready. I was almost resorting to waking you up with pans," she teased.

"You've already bought me alarms; don't make it worse," I replied, rolling my eyes.

"School is important, Lenny," she reminded me, to which I responded with a classic teenage retort.

"Don't get smart with me, or you can forget about those cookies," she warned, and I quickly apologized, knowing the irresistible allure of her cookies.

As I left for school, my mom mentioned my dad's lateness again. She didn't know about his treatment of me, and I preferred to keep it that way to spare her heart. I recalled their cheesy love story, a narrative I once adored but now found repulsive.

My dad, embarrassed by my femininity, rarely acknowledged my presence. He even lectured me about being a "spoiled brat" after a day at his workplace garnered attention. Despite the hurt, I chose not to dwell on it, cherishing the connection I had with my mom.

At school, I faced the usual stares and unwanted attention. A boy approached me, asking if I was single, but I shut him down without hesitation. This routine, though unpleasant, was something I'd grown accustomed to.

Entering class, I sighed, not looking forward to another day of the routine that was school.

———————————————————
Hi guys this is the first book I just felt like I at least want to have one book of my yah now so I did and I want you to let me know if I had mistakes since I'm not experienced in the writing department yah know but I'm getting better❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️😄