Chapter 1: A New World

(A/N: Video above by MYTH & ROID)
(A/N: Song: Paradisus-paradoxum)

"Text" = Dialogue

Text = Character in thought

[Text] = Spell/item/ability

{Text} = Message spell

(~~Text~~) = Shift in time/location/POV

(A/N: This story is heavily inspired by another Overlord fanfiction called 'The Supreme Overlord: Ainz Ooal Gown', which was created by @abiboi666. Their story is incredible, and my favourite Overlord fanfiction that I've ever read, so please go check it out!)

----------------------------------------/
Ainz Ooal Gown was an extremely powerful guild that existed within the world-famous DMMO-RPG known as YGGDRASIL, and was feared by everyone within Midgard. This guild was one of the most popular guilds to ever exist due to their numbers consisting of a World-Champion and World-Disaster, who were considered among the most powerful players within YGGDRASIL.

The guild of Ainz Ooal Gown spent many years conquering the world of Midgard, and gained many valuable treasures such as weapons, armours, jewellery and even World-Level items. For many, YGGDRASIL was a way to escape the horrors of the real world and find joy within a realm of fantasy and adventure.

However, after 12 years of playing, most of the 41 members had disbanded from the guild and gave their items to the Guild Master, Momonga, who continued to rule the Great Tomb of Nazarick in his comrades' absence.

Now, after so many years of service, the DMMO-RPG know as YGGDRASIL was about to end...

(~~Ulbert POV~~)

Ulbert Alain Odle was one of the first members to join after the original nine, and was also considered one of the most powerful in terms of 'MAG.ATK'. Due to his evil nature, many players viewed Ulbert as a psychopath that only wanted to spread fear throughout the land, and they were mostly right.

Ulbert Alain Odle is a demon with the resemblance a humanoid grey goat, crowned with a pair of wickedly curved golden horns. He is dressed in a black suit and velvet cape, with a rose pinned on his left shoulder. Upon his head is a beautiful top hat with a small pocket watch in the centre, and the right side of his face is covered with a golden mask with a crimson beak.

However, roughly three years ago, Ulbert was forced to leave YGGDRASIL due to personal issues in the real world, but promised that he would one day return to his beloved guild

However, roughly three years ago, Ulbert was forced to leave YGGDRASIL due to personal issues in the real world, but promised that he would one day return to his beloved guild. Sadly, Ulbert had only managed to return to the DMMO-RPG for the first time in years during the game's final moments, and decided to search around the land of Midgard for the last 15 minutes of the game.

Originally, Ulbert had hoped to spend his last few moments at the Great Tomb of Nazarick and visit Momonga one last time to say goodbye. However, the Catastrophe Demon had spawned really far away, and he didn't have enough time left to reach his guild base,