19 : Aiden's party pt.2

NICO'S POV.
I was feeling very sad. This party was not something we had planned. We were busy meeting our friends while maddie was planning a party just so she could convince Aiden that we are there for her and we love her. It's true that we don't spend time with her but now I'm feeling bad. Maddie was supposed to be studying today. She even had a important photoshoot and then she had also planned this whole party and was giving us all the credit when we acted like assholes. Suddenly someone hugged me by my legs .I saw Aiden looking at me with tears in her eyes.
"Thank you Nicky...I love you...you all are the best." She said.
"Your welcome baby!!" I said but I knew dad was upset with is because of this. Aiden now ran off to her friends as they played. I saw Maddie talking with the event manager. She was getting angry at something.
I looked at her and something caught my eye. There was a blood stain on her coats sleeve. She was changed her mood and gathered all of is around.
"Okay so I have ordered a special cake for all the brothers and sisters. So Aiden and her brothers stand here and close your eyes I will bring the cake out..and let me get the camera." She said as she ran in.
"You know I thought you all will tell Aiden that this is not the party planned by you but I guess I'm even more upset that, this girl is your half sister and is doing everything she can without eating anything for a whole day just to let Aiden know that her brothers are still in her life. I guess I failed to raise my sons." Dad said to all of us and stood next to mom who was not happy either. She had mastered the fake smile but I know she was disappointed in is.
Maddie came out with her camera slung around her neck with a huge cake. She kept it in front of us. She looked at me and smiled. It was a photo of all of us when we were small with a baby Aiden sleeping in the middle and us surrounding is. The biggest thing that hurt me was that maddie didn't include her in the cake. She didn't even include herself. She was busy taking photos of the family. I knew she was not feeling left out..she just accepted that she is not our by blood. I saw her. Her eyes were tired , she was hurting herself. Through the whole evening Maddie was with her camera clickling pictures of the family enjoying themselves. She was talking with our uncles . Uncle Sandro put his hand on her forehead and said something to her but she claimed she was well.
"Hello everyone. I have a special gift I had bought for my girls . Firstly Aiden my Princess... thank you for being the light in my world. Thank you for making me a great father. I have this small gift for you... promise you will never forget your big sister who is my daughter as well. Never forget the sister bond you both. Keep these gifts with you...you will remember each other wherever you are in the future." Dad said as he handed both of them a box each. It was a heart locket. Aiden squealed as she hugged dad and asked Maddie to clasp it on. Maddie thanked dad and wore the necklace and added her mom's ring next to it.
"Okay everyone let's dig in. The food counter is open, the tables have been arranged in the backyard near the pier. Please make your way outside. " Maddie said as she made her way inside. She came back out but went towards dad. He kept on asking her to eat but she rejected it.
"It's fine dad..I will eat once the guest are gone and I'm not hungry either." She reasoned.
"Maddie you never had your breakfast or lunch or your daily coffee...you will faint if you don't eat anything...it can wait. Just have something first." He said.
"No dad I have to check the fireworks...you know Aiden loves them...I want it to be perfect...then I'll eat I promise." She said as she made her way to the fireworks.
"Hey little Birdy, look above you your brothers have another surprise for you." I heard Maddie say on the speaker. Aiden started to jump as she saw fireworks. Every time maddie said 'your brothers' or "their party" or "their planning" my heart ached. I felt bad for taking credit for a thing I never did. Heck I didn't even know what Aiden loved. I'm such a bad brother. I looked at my brothers who were looking and thinking the same. I saw Maddie coming out of the house with something in her hand. She was carring a gift. Aiden ran to her and took the gift.
I was shocked to see it. It was a family photo frame with all the pictures of us and Aiden until now.
"Sissy...I'm gonna keep it in my room but sissy why is you not in here??" She asked as Maddie smiled at her.
"It says Aiden and her brothers...I'm sure I'm your sister and not your brother right. And you should ask and tell your brothers that you were getting troubled at school. You came to me. I'm sure your brothers will be there next time I'm not. " She said as she booped her small button nose.
Why is Maddie talking like that? What is going in.
And after saying that I watched Maddie go inside. I followed her as I watched her going into her art room. I stood outside the room and heard her crying.
"Why can't you be here!! I'm so lost without you mom. It's your birthday today and I can't...I can't do anything. We always used have picnics and suddenly your not in my life anymore. I surprised Aiden with the party because I thought it will keep me distracted so I could forget about today...but it ruined me more mom. Why did you have to go in such a bad way!!" She screamed and cried.
Today I saw my sister's broken and vulnerable side I never ought to see. She was so happy on the outside she forgot how broken she was. I peaked inside to see her standing near the window.
Her suit had some blood stains. She was bleeding. Her elbow was gashed. Before I knew it Maddie collapsed on the floor. I ran inside and kept her head on my lap.
"Maddie...Maddie....wake up...wake up..hey hey keep your eyes open I'll call dad!! Don't close them." I said as I pressed the alarm.
"Thank you...." Was the last thing she said to me before she closed her eyes.
"Nico...what happened!!" Dad yelled as he came in and saw Maddie on tye floor.
"Dad..she passes out...let's take her to the hospital. Now!!" I yelled as I picked her up and ran to the car. Kade and Eli got into my Jeep and I held Maddie.
"It's all our fault...If we had just given attention to both our sisters today...we would have known how broken she was!!" I screamed.
"Nico...not now...let's take her with in!!" Eli said as we entered the warehouse.

__________________
WORD COUNT : 1248