Chapter 1

"God has a reason for allowing things to happen. We may never understand his wisdom, but we simply have to trust his will." - Wiz Khalif

I watched, fearful, in a corner, as my parents fought. It became a normal thing now and they argued over almost everything on a daily basis. The house is just never at peace. My little brother, Austin, who was 9 years old, cowered by the kitchen and observed our parents yelling. There's always one person in the argument who's usually unreasonable, and that would be my dad. I closed my eyes and shook my head at the thought of how many things he's done that tore this family apart.

*Flashback*

"Promise me that you'll stay strong and try your best to keep your parents together, okay?" my grandma pleaded me on her death bed. I nodded, tears streaming down my face as her grip around my hand loosened.

*End of flashback*

My grandmother's last words replayed over and over again in my head. "I will stay strong for you, grandma," I whispered.
It's not those types of fights where a husband and wife would get mad at each other and make up later on. I try to resolve the conflict between both of them but I guess that they think the best way to settle things would be to fight. My parents didn't just use words as a weapon but actual objects in the room too. Screams bounced of the walls and echoed down the halls.

"I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE THAT SLUT AGAIN," my mom finalized raising one of her shoes on her right hand. Seeing this made Austin cry. I turned around to see him sniffling and wiping his nose with the sleeve of his shirt.

"That's okay. It's probably over now." I assured him. And not long before another one. I go upstairs to my room which is the size of a usual master bedroom in 2-story family homes. Yellow drapes hung from the ceiling to the bottom. Posters of my favorite singers were plastered across the wall. To the left, there was an adjoining bathroom and to top it off, a walk in closet. A queen-sized bed stood in the middle of it all with a black and white polka dotted comforter. A matching nightstand stood by the side with a lamp shade sitting on top. I looked outside my window, staring at the sunset as I got lost in thought. I wondered how long I'd actually be staying in this bedroom, judging by the way things are going in this family. My dad was always spending money on yearly trips outside of the country-for himself, which resulted to be about five or six thousand dollars. You won't believe how many times this was brought up during their "routinely" arguments.

It was near the end of my junior year; beginning of May. I sat down on my mini couch, scrolling through my Instagram seeing selfies of girls with their besties at a fair or throwback photos of their family vacations. Seeing all of this made me feel like a loner and depressed. It's like I had no life at all. I may have had some close friends at school but they were all too busy to have time for me. So the only thing I really had was music. I logged out of my account and looked across the room at my guitar standing by my bed.

I picked up the guitar and strummed a few chords, humming a tune. "These things will change..." I stopped to jot down the lyrics and melody in my notebook, praying that one day, these things will be different.

A/N: GUESS WHO'S BACK, BACK AGAIN. FANFICS ARE BACK, TELL A FRIEND.
WHY HELLO GUYS, I'M OFFICIALLY STARTING A NEW HAYLOR FANFIC. I'VE BEEN WORKING ON THIS EVER SINCE FEBRUARY. THIS ONE IS FOR SURE GOING TO BE VERRRYYY LONG AND I HOPE THAT Y'ALL WILL LOVE IT. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ. PLEASE VOTE AND LEAVE A COMMENT! All the love xx
- Krista