Chapter Thirty Two

En başından başla

"I guess I'll just show myself out" Kai says softly before looking over to the girl who stands with her arms wrapped around herself shaking like a madman, there were tears streaming down her face and she looked completely broken. And it was his fault, once again he'd hurt the once person he vowed to protect and cherish. He moves closer to her and she flinches causing his heart to shatter in his chest.

"just go" she replies, he nods and leaves. Damon falls to the ground and she drops next to him and wraps her arms around his shoulders trying to process everything they'd just learned about the person they always admired most in the world.

-

Hours later she was completely alone with just her thoughts as Damon had left to go see Elena. She longed to see Kai and talk to him but she couldn't, She felt so weak, all she wanted to do was crawl into a hole and cry. Just then the front door slams and Stefan walks into the room with a smirk on his face, as soon as he walks in and she knows that she has to take him down with vervain. Elena had called earlier to let me know that he flipped his own switch so she was prepared.

"So how was the rave?"

"rave like" he says

"So anything you wanna tell me? twin to twin?" she asks curiously

"no" then he fills a bag with bottles of bourbon she frowns at the odd behavior, before vamp speeding to him and trying to stab him with a needle of vervain but he catches her hand and grips it tight.

"oh Maddie you didn't think you would overpower me did you? after all I'm much older" he says, as he grips her tighter

"so Elena told on me shocker"

"not a good time for a switch flip brother" she admits, then he breaks her hand and she grunts in pain

"do yourself a favor and stay out of my way" he says, then he walks out and she snaps her hand back into place, and she walks over to where their glasses sit and pick one up admiring it as tears fall down her face, then the day's events come crashing down on her all at once and she throws the glass against the wall and it shatters into a million pieces. Her life was crumbling and there was nothing she could do to stop it.

-

After the girl had her much-needed breakdown she eventually made her way back to Kai's apartment, she honestly didn't want to deal with him but she'd rather be there than at home where she could be reminded of her nondead mother and her twin who turned his humanity off. She walks up to the door and knocks on it twice and gasps as it opens instantly revealing Kai with a guilty look on his face, she walks past him and goes straight for the shower not wanting to talk about anything. However, he follows her and tries to talk while she desperately attempts to clean off the day's events from her body, after a few minutes he seems to pick up on her silent treatment and sighs leaving her alone with just her thoughts. He hadn't meant to make things so difficult for her, he wanted to apologize to Bonnie but that hadn't gone well and he once again upset this girl. When she exits the bathroom now fully ready for bed the girl sighs when she finds Kai sitting on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands recovering from another cry session, he couldn't seem to stop but he hadn't meant for her to see that side of him. He wipes his tears and smiles at her attempting to make it look like nothing happened, she sighs and walks over to him, and squats down to his level.

"you don't have to hide"

"I hate this, I feel so weak and I don't want you to think of me as weak"

"thats the last word I would ever use to describe you" she admits trying to connect their eyes, however, he was working harder to avoid her

"all of these feelings are overwhelming and sometimes I get caught up in them"

"I understand"

"I was an asshole today"

"yeah" she agrees

"I know parents are a touchy subject for you but I couldn't help it, I held the information Damon wanted so desperately in the palm of my hand and it felt good to have power over him, it was intoxicating to string him along and honestly I completely disregarded you until the end when you got upset"

"I was about to beat your ass"

"you should've I deserved it"

"well there's still time" she jokes moving to sit next to him on the bed

"god why am I like this?"

"Kai-"

"don't defend me I'm a monster"

"no you're not, I've known monsters in my time, and that's not you. now do you have obvious control and violence issues? yes, but that's something we can work with"

"how? everywhere I go I just end up hurting people"

"what if we left this place, like permanently" she suggests

"what do you mean?"

"we could go live in a cute cabin on a lake, just you and me. no supernatural drama"

"that sounds perfect"

"I think so too"

"when do we leave?" he asks

"whenever you want"

"I have to take care of a few things first, but after that its just gonna be you and me baby, forever"