Chapter Twenty Eight

Start from the beginning

"Neither does he, look at him" Damon says gesturing to Kai who's sweating rapidly, she then storms out leaving the two alone, he instantly reaches up and pulls her face towards his, really needing a hug at that moment. All the sudden her head feels like it's exploding and she screams in pain as she collapses into Kai's arms. He calls out to her but then screams when a fork lands in his chest.

"no!" she calls weakly, Liv walks into the room and stops the aneurysm, Maddie jumps to her feet and rushes at her but she throws her across the room and into the mirror breaking glass into a million pieces. She hops up and pulls the large chunk of glass out of her leg, gritting her teeth before throwing it at Liv, the teen witch cries as it hits her arm and she lifts her hand snapping Maddie's neck instantly. Kai watches as the love of his life falls to the ground temporally dead by his sister's hand and stands on his feet ripping the fork out of his chest.

"dang sis that was harsh" he says

"shut up" then she gives him an aneurism and he screams holding his head before he sends a fork flying into her neck laughing

"look it's one thing to mess with me but my girlfriend? I don't think so. You know it's all coming back to me watching someone burn to death really missed that feeling" he says grabbing a candle and walking over to his sister who stands in front of him wounded.

"just kill me Kai you already killed my best friend so just do it get it over with" she taunts, however he isn't able to just kill her, the thought of what Maddie would say afterward plagued him over and over as he fought himself. He promised her he would be a better man but it was in his nature.

"why can't I do this?" he asks, Liv cries and Kai stands there still holding the fire up to her, he wanted more than anything than to just kill her for hurting Maddie, but it was that same woman who would hate to see him like this.

"I don't care about you why can't I kill her come on kai do it do it come on!" he screams hitting his head over and over

"kill her!" he screams to himself

"motus" Live sends another fork into Kai's chest, and he falls back. Suddenly Maddie's eyes snap open and she gets to her feet seeing Liv still trying to kill Kai . She picks up a blade and throws it across the room and into the girl's upper chest and she screams, making sure to miss all the vital spots. Kai turns to face her and nods, seeming very impressed with her aim before his eyes roll back in his head, she vamp speeds over to Kai and rips the fork out of him and he grunts in pain before picking him up and moving his arm around her shoulders. she drags him into the library and helps him sit down.

"Kai you have to send me there, we have to save Bonnie" she pleads, Kai chuckles at her request

"Maddie look at me I'm half Dead" he says weakly, she instantly bites into her wrist and shoves her wrist to his mouth sighing as he accepts it and drinks a few mouthfuls allowing it to heal him

"please I can't lose her, none of us can you can do this old-timer I believe in you"

"what if I can't pull you out? I can't risk losing you," he refuses shaking his head wildly

"you have to do this, she'll die if I don't help her. Please" she begs looking into his eyes

"ok" he nods and begins the chant, when she opens her eyes and they were back in the prison world. She sprints through the house trying to find any sign of the witch but to no avail, then she remembers Damon sayings something about their suicide pact, she sprints into the garage to find Bonnie sitting on the ground crying and watches her with sadness.

"cheers to making it this far" she says

"ok think it's time I cut myself off" she says, then she throws the bottle and walks away. She then starts Damon's old blue car and smoke begins to fill the room as she coughs

"you can't die", she says her last words into the camera and the girl begins to cry trying to get her attention. She begins to choke for air and Maddie cries in relief as she stands and makes her way over to the car and tries to shut off the engine, however the smoke in the air is too much and she is not able to get it shut off. The girl begins to panic as she tries as hard as she can to press the garage door opener, over and over she tries but nothing works. She watches as she slides out of the car very close to passing out, she takes a deep breath and presses the button one more time and to her surprise, it opens this time allowing Bonnie to take a deep breath of fresh air. she smiles wiping the tears with the back of her hand before feeling herself get pulled back, when she opens her eyes she is met with the familiar eyes of Damon who looks extremely worried.

"you scared me" he says, helping her sit up while rubbing her back, she smiles and looks over to find Kai visibly shaking while still leaning against the desk she had left him at. She crawls over to him and he pulls her into his chest holding her tightly.

"you did it Kai, I knew you could"

"I thought I was gonna lose you" he says holding her tighter, in those few minutes he had never been more terrified in his entire life, he was so close to losing her forever and the thought alone was enough to make tears fill his eyes.

"I'm with you forever"

"bonnie is she?" Elena asks

"I saw her she's gonna be ok"