"I guess being told that you're an irredeemable piece of trash while getting thrown around changes a person into something they never wanted to be"

"I understand"

"I tried so hard to make him proud, to the point where I got straight A's, volunteered, had girlfriends, and even played varsity football just to get some sort of positive reaction out of him, but nothing worked. So I started isolating myself as I realized that the less I was around the better off they were. I knew that they all looked down on me but I was ok, looking forward to going to college and getting the hell away from home when I found out the reason why my parents had so many kids"

"why?" she asks

"my father couldn't stand the thought of me, an abomination, being the leader of the coven because they all knew I was much more powerful than my sister there was no match, so they continued to have kids until more twins came alone and they could merge rather than allow me to take on my natural-born right. So that night I woke up and something in me had snapped and I lived up to their expectations, I wasn't fully myself, it was like I was being controlled by my darkest desires and I couldn't stop, and I didn't want to"

"do you regret it?"

"no I don't, I don't care if that makes me a monster because it's the truth" he says looking at the girl who was feeling incredibly nauseous, she had read the article hundreds of times and knew exactly what he did to them, they were just children.

"you're not good at hiding your disgust"

"sorry but it's not every day that a girl hears her best friend murdered his kid siblings"

"well get used to it"

"I won't ever get used to the thought of you being abused to the point where you have a psychotic break and kill your family. But what I will say is that I promise not to judge your past as long as you focus on a having better future"

"why? I mean literally, any sane person would have run for the hills by now"

"well let's just say that I know people who have done far worse things than you and have still lead an honorable life" she says thinking about Stefan, Elijah, and for the most part Damon

"listen I hate to be the one to tell you this red, but I think you need to find better people to hang out with because I'm sensing a theme here"

-

"what do you mean I have to do dishes?" Kai asks sadly as he sits a few feet away from the girl watching as she plants flowers in her garden she'd been working on for the past couple days. They had gotten several different colored roses and a few other flowers and she was determined to make a replica of her mother's garden from 1864.

"well think about it, you do all of the cooking and make a big mess and you should have to clean it up fair and square"

"ok I guess that makes sense"

"I'll do the laundry and the grocery shopping" she adds, he nods and writes that chore on her side of the whiteboard

"I'll donate the blood"

"Kai no"

"I'm totally fine with it, I'm sure that it's better than a blood bag which you have to go super far to find, this is way easier and hotter" he says mumbling the last part, which of course she hears perfectly.

"I don't know, we'll have to talk about more later"

"fine but don't expect me to not put up a fight"

"changing the subject, so you can draw magic out of any supernatural creature right?" she asks curiously

"yeah, but it wouldn't be a lot"

"what if you siphoned me and showed me a few spells you know"

"I guess I could do that" he says smirking, if he could get enough power from her now, there was a chance that he could finally get out of this horrid place. She holds out her arm and he grabs it gently.

"this will sting" he says as he begins to take the magic from her being, the whole vampire curse is magic in itself and he would be able to draw from it. She tenses as he concentrates on siphoning the magic, after a few moments he smirks and lets go of her arm feeling the rush of magic flowing through his veins. Unfortunately, this was nowhere near the amount he would need to get home.

"show me something"

"ok close your eyes" he says, she does as told and he lifts his hand in the air mumbling a few words to himself watching as the roses blume all around her garden.

"open them"

When she opens her eyes an array of all her different colored roses are planted all over her garden and she smiles genuinely. She hops to her feet and admires them all as nostalgia takes over, her mother loved roses and always made sure to have them around. They had always been her favorite flower of all time, though she had several years in the twenty-first century she was still a very old school girl. She adored roses, dressing up for balls, romance, long hair, and she was determined to find the love of her life and spend the rest of her days with them. She wanted one person, and only one. She knew it was old-fashioned but she couldn't help it, the girl could not honestly picture herself falling for a man and then breaking things off. She could never be like Elena, though she loved the girl to death the way she leads both of her brothers on just like Katherine did was not something she appreciated. Though they were all happy now it just wasn't who Maddie was, no matter how many times Caroline calls her old-fashioned and tries to get her to lose her virginity to a random boy at school she never could. Her prince was waiting for her, and she wasn't sure if she had met him yet. Something about Kai seemed to invite her in, there was obvious darkness surrounding him, but she remembered what Klaus had told her, 'don't underestimate the allure of darkness, it pulls even the kindness hearts in.'

"thank you Kai this is absolutely stunning"

"no problem, now you think that's cool just what till you see what I can do with this weather"