Chapter 2

Me and Miles are best friends. But when I first moved in he hated me. He didn't want to live with another girl. I'm guessing he didn't like Flora when she was little. She used to pull his hair and mess up his things. He thought I would be the same way, but I wasn't.

The strangest thing happened the other day... Since Ms.Jessel left Flora and I needed a new "Nannie" I think the official term is governess. And you'll never believe who came. It was my older sister Kate. I wonder how she found out we needed help. I stayed in Miles' room so she didn't see me.

I missed Miles so much and I wondered when he was coming home from school. I think it's soon. I creeped out of his room back into mine and grabbed some stuff then went back to his room. And I took a shower. When I stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around me I noticed I forgot my shirt. So I just put on one Miles' sweater then I went to sleep.

The next morning when I woke up, I went downstairs to go eat breakfast. The first thing I saw when I went down was Flora. "Good morning Flora!" I said as she turned around and smiled at me "Y/n! Good morning!" She said to me. She seemed happier than normal, but I didn't question it.

We held hands as we went to the kitchen. And got out breakfast, I sat at a stool in the kitchen while Flora sat on the couch. Then I see Kate walk downstairs she looks traumatized. When he looked at me she didn't know who I was, that hurt me. When I got done I sat down next her on the couch, she seemed uncomfortable when I sat so close. "Uhm... can maybe not sit so close?" She asked me "Well you wouldn't mind if you remembered who I was." I said that kinda sad.

Flora noticed I was looking sad... "What's wrong Y/n?" Now she was looking sad, after she said my name Kate started crying... "Y-y/n?" She turned to face me and hugged me. Now I was uncomfortable because she was crying into my shoulder "Uh... yeah hi... long time no see" I say

I hear the stairs creek, I think nothing of it. It's an old house so it's normal. When Kate pulls away from my shoulder she wipes her tears. Then I look down at Flora and she's smiling like crazy. It was kinda freaking me out. She when I take my plate and Floras to the kitchen I walk back over the the living room, she's still smiling the she turns to me and her smile grows "Flora your creeping me out... Why are you so happy?" She pointed to the staircase and I turned my head. I found out why she was so happy. He was home.