chapter five

I looked at Mr.August confused. What type of written consent does he possibly need? I wasn't one to question it though because there's probably a legit reason to why he might need such thing but due to how embarrassed I was all I wanted to do was go home and curl up in a ball. His expression looked like he was amused by how nervous I seemed. "What are you doing tomorrow?" He caught me off guard with that question but I figured he was just trying to change the subject.

"School then work sir." He nodded rubbing his chin. He pulled his phone from out his back pocket and made a phone call. I shifted awkwardly. I really just wanted to go home. I cleared my throat and looked down at my black boots. "Can I uh go now sir?" He looked alarmingly at me but nodded. Just as I was about to walk back into the building to find Nala, Mr.August had grabbed my wrist making me stop. He tucked his phone away in the chest pocket on his black blazer then released my wrist.

"Tomorrow after you get off of work I want to take you somewhere. I'll be outside of your job by the time you get off of work and from there we'll be on our way." Without saying anything else he walked over to the black suv and got in. Craig his driver closed the door then hurried to the drivers seat. I turned on my heels and walked back into the building.

Nala walked in the apartment throwing her heels onto the floor "My feet are killing me." She exclaimed falling on the couch rubbing her feet. I chuckled shaking my head. Glad I don't gotta wear those death traps. I'm perfectly fine with my converses and combat boots. "Jacob make us something!" She whined. I looked back at her.

"We just ate." She shook her head pulling off her skirt and her shirt leaving her in her recently bought bra and pantie set. I covered my eyes and shook my head. She groaned. "I'll just order takeout again." I held my thumb up and walked into my room. I emptied out my pockets and undressed myself. I grabbed the phone and towel before walking into the bathroom so I could get cleaned up.

I stepped out the shower wiping down my body. I wrapped it tightly around my waist then approached the sink seeing the phone screen lit up. Mr.August. Instantly I felt nervous. I bit my lip and snatched my phone from the sink opening the mail app. I walked into my room and took a seat on the edge of the bed.

From: Chresanto August
To: Jacob Perez
Safe and sound.
January 4th, 2010 at 9:45 pm.

Just making sure you and your friend made it home safely.

I can't wait for tomorrow night.

I smiled at his last sentence. I instantly replied back.

From: Jacob Perez
To: Chresanto August.
Tomorrow.
January 4th, 2010 at 9:46 pm.

Yes sir me and Nala made it home safe and sound. We are eating take out as we speak.

If you don't mind me asking what exactly are we doing tomorrow? Dinner?

I noticed the phone was dying so I placed it on the charger and got dressed in my pajamas. I walked into the living room where Nala was sitting crisscrossed on the couch eating rice. I walked over to the table and grabbed my white styrofoam tray and a white plastic fork before sitting beside Nala. "Soo.." I rolled my eyes here comes the Nala questionnaire. I already knew she was going to ask me how my evening went with Mr.August."How was lunch?" I shrugged opening the top of my tray revealing my rice, broccoli and garlic sauce.

"It was alright." She looked at me and mouthed really I chuckled. "He took me to a restaurant called Barnyard in west end. I also had wine for the first time. It was good." I took a bite out of the broccoli that was on my fork. She smiled and nudged me with her elbow.

"He clearly likes you." I shook my head remembering what he said about not doing relationships.

"I doubt that."

"Why would you say that come on you're a total babe." She leaned over placing her tray on the living room table then turned towards me. "Plus he seems like the type to fall inlove with who you are , scar-" I frowned instantly loosing my appetite because I knew exactly what she was about to say. I closed my tray and stood up.

"That's not something i want anybody to see especially not him. Listen I'm tired I'll see you in the morning."

After that I climbed into my bed and got under my covers. I grabbed my phone and noticed I had two e-mails from Mr.August. I quickly opened them.

From: Chresanto August
To: Jacob Perez
Eagerness.
January 4th, 2010 at 9:50 pm.

I'm pleased to see that you're just as eager as I am to know what will happen tomorrow tonight but you're gunna have to wait.

From: Chresanto August
To: Jacob Perez
Sweet dreams.
January 4th, 2010 at 10:35 pm.

I'm going to assume you fell asleep. If that is the case and you're not purposely ignoring me then Goodnight.

I replied back.

From: Jacob Perez
To: Chresanto August
Sorry.
January 4th, 2010 at 10:46 pm.

Sorry sir I was out in the living room talking to Nala while eating our takeout.

.. And I'm not tired.

Almost immediately he responded back.

From: Chresanto August
To: Jacob Perez
Go to sleep.
January 4th, 2010 at 10:47 pm.

Well still I recall you having school tomorrow so goodnight.

I shook my head.

From: Jacob Perez
To: Chresanto August
Not a child.
January 4th, 2010 at 10:48 pm.

With all do respect i'm not a child, I go to sleep when I want to and my classes do not start until 10.

From: Chresanto August
To: Jacob Perez
Cockiness?
January 4th, 2010 at 10:50 pm.

Are you being cocky Mr.Perez? I'm going to let it slide this one time.

Oh you are a child compared to me.

I am not. Plus he isn't that older than me well at least that's what I assume he looks very young. Now I'm questioning him. How old exactly is he?

From: Jacob Perez
To: Chresanto August
Age?
January 4th, 2010 at 10:53 pm.

Exactly how old are you sir?

From: Chresanto August
To: Jacob Perez
Bed. Now.
January 4th, 2010 at 10:44 pm

GOOD NIGHT.

I rolled my eyes. So bossy. I locked the phone and placed it on the nightstand. Wonder what tomorrow has in store for me.