chapter four

"Whoa a iPhone and MacBook air."

I shook my head staring at the two devices. I can't keep these no way but curiosity got to me and I turned the iPhone on to see how it was. The apple flashed on the screen then suddenly it turned on and I seen there was two notifications one from message and another from mail. Nala was hovering over my shoulder making me even more nervous so I grabbed the laptop and told her I'll be in my room. I sat the laptop carefully in the middle of the bed and took a seat at the edge opening the message first. and all I seen was Mr.August. I knew it!

I opened the message.

By the time you're reading this you should have already got my gifts. Consider them as gift of my gratitude for being a good.. listener. I set up an email for you. Check it for further information about your gifts.

I switched over to the mail app and opened it.

From: Chresanto August
To: Jacob
Gifts.
January 4th, 2010 at 5:35 am.

Further information about your gifts. The
bill for the iPhone will be taken care of every month and the MacBook is insured  just in case you.. break it.
Don't break it.

I don't know how to reply to this e-mail. If it's a gift I don't want to seem rude and give it back but then again this is to over the extreme and I really don't feel comfortable accepting it. It took a lot of me to e-mail him back but I worked up the courage to.

From: Jacob Perez
To: Chresanto August
Thanks but no thanks.
January 4th, 2010 at 10:03 am.

Sir I appreciate the gifts but they are over the extreme. I can't accept these apple products. Please give me a address so I can return them.

Within minutes he replied.

From: Chresanto August
To: Jacob Perez
Perez..
January 4th, 2010 at 10:05 am.

Mr.Perez, there's no return address because you're not going to return my gifts. That's very rude of you.

Rude of me. Now he thinks I'm rude oh my gosh I'm not rude. I quickly replied.

From: Jacob Perez
To: Chresanto August
I'm not rude.
January 4th, 2010 at 10:10 am.

Sir I'm not trying to be rude. If it means that much to you then I accept the gifts. Thank you sir.

From: Chresanto August
To: Jacob Perez
Lunch
January 4th, 2010 at 10:12 am.

Much better. You're very welcome.

I would like to have lunch with you this afternoon at twelve. So I will be by your apartment to pick you up. Be ready.

I locked the phone and sat there rendering what just happened. So Mr.August bought me a iPhone and a MacBook air. He demanded that I kept them then he tells not asks but tells me he will be picking me up at twelve to go to lunch. Okay. I stood up and got dressed. I was so lost in what I was going to wear I wasn't even aware of the time but it wasn't like he was going to be here at exactly twelve. I pulled off my blue jeans and pulled on a pair of black jeans. I walked over to my mirror to examine my outfit but when I got there I could see someone else was already doing that for me. I jumped and turned around staring at Mr.August in disbelief. Nala must have let him in.

Gosh how much has he seen. Does he know my secret? No.

There he was leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest. He wasn't in a suit no he was wearing a black leather jacket and dark blue jeans. He glanced down at his watch and shook his head staring back up at me. "It's five minutes past twelve, Jacob." I pulled on my jacket and grabbed the phone walking up to him.